Collage 'Tokens'

Lia_SCDecember 10, 2002

Found this idea and had fun playing with it yesterday. Uses the round tags with aluminum edges. I only had the small ones, which is pretty challenging, but a good use for tiny images from magazines, calendars, even tiny stamps although I haven't done any stamping for this.

I tried making some larger ones myself, using foil tape around the edges, but I wasn't really happy with the results. Here are the ones I've done:

My Collage Tokens

I thought I might coat with Liquid Laminate and add some tiny rhinestones IF I actually use them! LOL!

The project I found that inspired me has a neat way to present them as gifts --tokens of Love, Thanks, Friendship, etc.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Lia_SC

Now that is odd...
First the Name of the Link wouldn't stick, now the whole thing is gone!
I'll try it here:
Heartfelt Tokens instructions

Bookmark   December 10, 2002 at 1:28PM
ArtsyCraftsy

Hmmmm..I see your first link. Sometimes I cannot see any picture when I click to your album, then later one will appear. Those tokens are really charming! such pretty images. I've collaged small mail tags but never tried the little round tags. Thanks for the idea...I'll give it a try AFTER I finish my holiday crafts, lol! OK tell me to get off the 'puter and finish my holiday cards!

Karen

Bookmark   December 10, 2002 at 7:11PM
Lia_SC

It was weird... the link to my tokens showed up. When I previewed the post, the url to the other one was there but not the Name of Link. So I retyped it and when I hit submit it wasn't there. :-/

I don't know what the deal is with my album. The ones on the site with instructions are much better anyway. But I concluded they must use a larger size than the ones I have. And darn it, those things aren't cheap!

I'm sure you're off the 'puter by now and probably finished with your holiday cards, so you can do mine too, huh? ;-)

Bookmark   December 10, 2002 at 11:47PM
ArtsyCraftsy

Hey I saw a cute variation on the metal edge tag in my wanderings...they ripped a hole in the center and curled the paper back, then used some acetate to make a little window filled with the hole-less beads. Sounds weird but it looked neat. Now I have to figure out where I saw them cause there were some other nice ideas, too.
Have to check tomorrow, cause now it's time to put lights on the tree!

(ps - Lia, if you must see the infamous senior pic, then you'll have to go to the Kitchen Table gallery and look for it. I'm hoping that post drops off very soon, lol!)

Bookmark   December 12, 2002 at 8:49PM
Lia_SC

Yes, please let me know when you track that down Karen; sounds fascinating! Is it something like a shaker scene?

We just got our tree straight! after being here for the 5th day! DH has been too busy to help me and I've been stalling on the decs. :-/ Now maybe if I had a little snow like I saw in your panoramic view, I could really get in the mood!!

Caught the senior pic BTW. Great hair! LOL! I remember those curling iron days! That was probably my main creative outlet back then! LOL!

Bookmark   December 12, 2002 at 9:55PM
More Discussions
artificial snow flakes
hi all! I want to know some cool easy tricks to make...
rosessecretgarden
Explosion Boxes
I seen a tutorial on Youtube for explosion box invitations...
eileenlaunonen
Quilted paper folding
I went to a rubber stamping convention on Sat. and...
AnnahE
Looking for a rubber stamp source
I need some rubber stamps for use in the elementary...
socks
Wording ideas for a Merry Christmas/We've Moved card?
We have just moved and are having our home drawn by...
zenfoodist
Sponsored Products
Jack Nicklaus 6-Time Masters Champion Autographed Photo
FRONTGATE
Moonwalk Stonewall Black Rectangular: 5 ft. 3 in. x 7 ft. 6 in. Rug
$199.00 | Bellacor
Nourison Indoor/Outdoor Nourison Rugs Modesto Collage Beige 2 ft. 2 in. x 7 ft.
$36.97 | Home Depot
Expression Beige Wallpaper R1392, double roll
Walls Republic
Modern Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Kas Rugs Rugs Floral Filigree Ivory 3 ft. 3 in.
Home Depot
Number 8
Grandin Road
Collage Satin Nickel Three-Light Pendant
$538.00 | Bellacor
Collage 30" Square Reclaimed Wood Wall Mirror
$99.95 | Lamps Plus
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™