Looking for ideas for painting my home office

msmariehFebruary 7, 2011

In January, I embarked on an ambitious many hours long project to declutter my home office and get a several year backlog of papers and whatnot filed. Yeah!!! It's done!!!

My next step (probably in March-May timeframe) is to paint the office. I'm not sure these pictures show enough of the room to give you enough to go on, but I'm looking for inspiration for what color(s) to paint it. I'm pretty hopeless on the color choice side.

The carpet and furniture are light grey (and as you can see the furniture is very plain). The blinds are a light beige. I would be fine with adding color. Right now, I'm thinking maybe a medium purple (maybe with a faux glazed finish)??? The fairly large window in the wall opposite the door faces north.

I'm open to any and all suggestions. What would you do if this room was in your house?

You can see pictures here:

http://herbygoodness.blogspot.com/2011/01/what-way-to-start-year-before-and-after.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Before and After Pictures of My Home Office Decluttering

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lazy_gardens

Purple and grey ... very sophisticated.

You can paint the file cabinets if you want to, so don't let them control your decor.

Bookmark   February 12, 2011 at 5:04PM
jessicaml

I grabbed some purple chips that I thought were pretty at work, but in my dull light at home, I'm having doubts...you'll just have to see what they look like in your lighting!

All are Benjamin Moore colors (the AF #s are from the Affinity collection, so they would work well together if you wanted to do an accent wall):

Sanctuary AF-620
Amorous AF-600
Bonne Nuit AF-635

Amethyst Sky 1447
Hazy Lilac 2116-40
Tropical Dusk 2117-40

Bookmark   February 12, 2011 at 9:39PM
fnmroberts

Here is a link to ours. Single window facing west but shaded. Original was beige carpeting with a sage green paint. When we installed the hardwood flooring, we retained the color.

Here is a link that might be useful: Home Office

Bookmark   February 15, 2011 at 6:14PM
More Discussions
Just painted kitchen cabinets, now the paint is easily peeling.
My kitchen cabinets had a natural, grainy wood finish....
iris_bulb
Help me find this wall paper please
Hi all. I'm new to the forum and excited to be here....
sasseeash
Spraying SW Primer and wb Paint with Airless - tip size?
I've read hundreds of posts and found 3 that address...
cebury
how to get smooooth walls
The room Im painting has some areas original 1906 calcimine...
kashka_kat
cabinet coat
After much indecision, I am ready to paint my bathroom...
lam702
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™