Red, Red Robin Bobbin' Card

Red_ConfettiNovember 4, 2003

I made the card below for my mom. It is done in layers. The background is just a pale yellow cardstock, folded at top to be a notecard.

The robin and the foreground "dirt" I printed separately on cardstock from clipart and/or photos and cut out. The 'grass' is just green cardstock cut with scissors to resemble grass. The 'worm' is a piece of rubberband.

Behind the grass at the base of the robin's feet (you can just see it) I made and attached a paper 'brass brad with the two legs' thing. Then I punched a hole in the card and folded the 'legs' away from each other. Then the robin was moveable so he could tug on the worm. If you had some of the new metal eyelets on hand they would work even better than my improvised brad.

I printed the verse of the "When the Red, Red Robin Comes Bob-bob-bobbin' Along" song on the inside of the card.

Just thought this might give you some ideas on making moveable parts cards.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gumbycat

Thanks for sharing the robin. A really cute card. I bet your mom loved it and apppreciated the time you spent making something so special for her. It would mean a lot to me if my daughter would do something like that. We won't see a robin around here again for about five months.

Bookmark   November 12, 2003 at 8:37AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
roserabbit

Red Confetti, I love this card. I am always looking for new ideas to make my Mother cards. She loves handmade cards better than the store bought ones. Thanks for sharing this idea. I hope you don't mind if I use your idea.

Bookmark   November 14, 2003 at 7:31AM
More Discussions
newbie: good quality home made paper???
Hi everyone! All of the homemade paper I have seen...
jacob_jones
Free patterns
Check out my hobby site, www.thepapermodelguy.com for...
garymunson
Removing odor from paper wreath
I recently purchased, on line , several wreath made...
joyce58
invitation wording help
I'm having a graduation pool party for my daughter,...
txswetie
Quilted paper folding
I went to a rubber stamping convention on Sat. and...
AnnahE
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™