Decoupage Refrigerator?

MeiMeiNovember 10, 2008

Has anyone decoupaged the side of a refrigerator? I have a puppet stage with puppets on the top of my refrigerator. I also have some very old playbills, tissue-paper thin, that i would like to decoupage with a few other paper items on the side of the refrigerator. Has anyone tried this? Or any variation of it? Any tips? All or any advice would be appreciated. Thanks, Mary

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
FlamingO in AR

I decoupaged an entire small refrigerator, Mary. One of the larger, white units that kids would take to their dorm, you know? I used scrapbooking paper and ModPodge and it worked great. It held up really well, too, it never tried to peel up or anything and I know it was permanently on there, you couldn't chisel it off. I ended up painting over it a couple of years later, because I redid the craft room where it lived, but for a while it looked really cool and funky done up in red hibiscus flowers. After I got all the paper on, I went over it with 2 more coats of ModPodge. Then I painted the white trim black and varnished that so it would shine.

One tip for going around corners, I scored the folds on my paper cutter so it would wrap more easily. Also, I should have torn the edges so there wouldn't be any straight lines showing where the papers overlapped.

Bookmark   December 17, 2008 at 10:52AM
More Discussions
Making Greeting Cards
Recently a gal came to our group to show us how to...
pink_warm_mama_1
Photocopy Image Transfer Method
I discovered this way of transferring a photocopied...
Red_Confetti
Quilted paper folding
I went to a rubber stamping convention on Sat. and...
AnnahE
Wording ideas for a Merry Christmas/We've Moved card?
We have just moved and are having our home drawn by...
zenfoodist
Free patterns
Check out my hobby site, www.thepapermodelguy.com for...
garymunson
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™