Card Idea #1

sue102October 4, 2006

This was discussed a couple of weeks ago on another post so I thought I'd start this out. Hopefully, we'll get some interest and get this board moving a little bit.

So post a picture and/or instructions on how to make a favorite fall-related card.

Sue

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sue102

Simple Card

This card can be made with a set of Halloween stamps or stickers OR a set of Autumn stamps or stickers.

Cut 4 rectangles (1.5" x 2.5") from cardstock. The colors should be seasonal such as black and orange. Stamp an image/sticker on each rectangle. Affix to the front of the card. Optional: Glue a length of ribbon to the middle of the card. Stamp a greeting on the inside and you've got a seasonal card that is simple and quick to finish!

Can't wait to see what everyone else has to share.
Sue

Bookmark   October 4, 2006 at 6:50PM
blizlady

I love this card. It is made with double sided scrapbook paper, and the leaves and pumpkin are stamps by Stampin' Up.
[img]http://images.splitcoaststampers.com/data/gallery/737/SC93_0002_by_Pabost.jpg[/img]

Bookmark   October 15, 2006 at 9:49PM
blizlady

Sorry. Let's see if I can make it a clickable link.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   October 15, 2006 at 9:51PM
craftfetish

That's really cute. I like the way the paper is folded over to make a bit of a pocket.

Here is a link that might be useful: craftfetish blog

Bookmark   October 17, 2006 at 5:11PM
blizlady

Here is another simple card that I found

Bookmark   October 17, 2006 at 8:50PM
blizlady

The background of 3 shades of orange is a paint chip sample that you can get for free in any paint department. Leaves are die cuts or paper punches.

Bookmark   October 17, 2006 at 8:55PM
craftfetish

I love stealing paint chips for making cards and such!

I think I posted a scrapbook page I had made with a paper-pieced pumpkin a while back, but I recently made a card in the same style.

Not quite so neon in real life, but I think the purple background adds something. The pumpkin body is 4 lumpy ovals stacked up. Foam dots would be great for giving it some dimension. As I am uber-cheap, I used 6 small scrap strips of cardstock between the layers.

Green hearts for the leaves. You could use a punch or fold the paper in half and cut out a half heart the way we did in elementary school art class - the crease will just give dimension to the leaves. Mini-strips of green wrapped around a pen for the vines.

It may have benefitted from inking the edges or somehow distressing the paper (or using nicer paper to start) - but I think it is a pretty cute use for that giant tablet of cardstock that seemed like such a good idea when you bought it.

Bookmark   October 25, 2006 at 1:46PM
minnie_tx

Just got around to looking at all the neat cards!!

Bookmark   March 12, 2007 at 11:51AM
More Discussions
the screen and the pulp are in love
Does anyone else have this problem when they are making...
deans.photos2
Anyone doing Rubber Stamping in NE Texas'
Cleaning out my stamps and supplies
minnie_tx
artificial snow flakes
hi all! I want to know some cool easy tricks to make...
rosessecretgarden
Wording ideas for a Merry Christmas/We've Moved card?
We have just moved and are having our home drawn by...
zenfoodist
I will trade handmade paper for mosaic glass
I make handmade paper and would love to trade some...
bigtoad
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™