Hi everyone. I'm back!!!

taunia1October 13, 2003

Dear sweet friends, I've been very very ill. I haven't touched a computer in months. I am out of the hospital & feeling much better. Yesterday I turned 47 & I did myself a favor... I QUIT SMOKING!!! It's been a month now. I know Lia will be excited; she's been trying to get me to quit for about a year & a half now. LOL. I am on the mend, so I will make this quick. I am so glad to be back. I have missed ya'll sooooo much. I have alot of catching up to do. Tell everyone on the other boards I'm back. I'm afraid right now I haven't the strength to do it right now. I have to take it easy so I can be well enough to do what I love most; CREATING FUN STUFF!!!! Love & Hugs to all, Taunia.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lorraine303

Welcome back and glad that you are feeling better!!!

Bookmark   October 13, 2003 at 3:26PM
taunia1

Thanks Lorraine. I'm feeling better each day.

Bookmark   October 13, 2003 at 4:12PM
Red_Confetti

Great news, Taunia! Quitting smoking is, according to my husband, the most difficult thing he's ever done. It took years for him to truly lose the craving, but you should hear him now... he's in ever-so-much-better physical health, can actually taste food, loves clean air, isn't tied to that little package that ruled his life... ha-ha... I'm sure you feel the same way. I'm proud of you for having the determination to DO IT!

Sure am glad you are doing better. We've missed you here, and there, and everywhere! Can't wait to see your new contributions to the forums.

Bookmark   October 14, 2003 at 10:40AM
taunia1

Thanks Red. It's so strange, but if I've been somewhere that is smoke-free & then go home; let's say, to my closet, I almost gag! I can really smell the difference. After we moved recently, that's when I got sick & boxes are still packed. I have to do the unpacking now that I'm feeling a bit stronger. One thing I have to look for are those patches for my DH. He really wants to quit too! Wish me luck! Hugs, Taunia.

Bookmark   October 14, 2003 at 10:48AM
Dixiespell

Hey Taunia!
I am so glad you are back! I put out an APB on you! LOL! Really, I sent an email to the list asking if anyone had heard from you and I sent you several emails that were rejected (or bounced back) - I really was getting worried! So sorry that you've been ill, but I'm glad that you're on the road to recovery!!
hugs,
jackie (hueytown, al)

Bookmark   October 15, 2003 at 3:18PM
gramcraft

Hurrah! I am so glad you're back and so sorry to hear that you were so ill and on top of moving. Please, take care of yourself and take it slow and easy. Great news that you quit the "vile weed". I quit after 50 yrs. of smoking and it was no fun at all, but know what you mean about the smell. I used to accuse my youngest of exagerating the smell she abhored and how her hair stunk when she left here. I have since apologized at great length. You will feel so much better.

Bookmark   October 17, 2003 at 8:50PM
minnie_tx

Welcome Back and Congrats on the decision to stop smoking.

Bookmark   October 25, 2003 at 1:02PM
Lia_SC

dear Taunia,
that's terrific! Hope you're still kicking that habit in the butt. haha! One of my neighbors just had to go on oxygen. But Yay! she quit smoking. I know it's a struggle, but your body will love you for it! Keep up the good work, okay?

Bookmark   December 20, 2003 at 8:04PM
More Discussions
card envelopes!
HI i have learned to make beautiful cards on computer...
rosessecretgarden
Removing odor from paper wreath
I recently purchased, on line , several wreath made...
joyce58
Photocopy Image Transfer Method
I discovered this way of transferring a photocopied...
Red_Confetti
What pound card stock should i use????
Im making boxes that will be invitations for my daughters...
eileenlaunonen
newbie: good quality home made paper???
Hi everyone! All of the homemade paper I have seen...
jacob_jones
Sponsored Products
Bike Wheel I Wall Art
| Dot & Bo
Jaipur Coastal Living(R) I-O Coral Coastal Pattern Indoor/ Outdoor Rug
$195.00 | Hayneedle
Personalized Name Art Prints
Grandin Road
Darya Rugs Modern, Red, 8'2" x 10'3" M6342-3
Darya Rugs
Neptune I Bronze Red Amber Fusion Jack Mini Pendant
$223.20 | Bellacor