Any quillers out there?

tiogaAugust 23, 2008

A few years ago I received a wedding invitation that was quilled; beautiful. I ordered quilling books and learned to do this wondeerful art which I use for greeting cards of all kinds. My friends love them and always say they're keepers and will be framed and displayed. Are there any other quillers in That Home Site?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maddy_2007

Hi,
Yes, my daughter and I are trying to get into quilling.
We are beginners to say the least. I think it is almost a lost art and it is so beautiful. Isn't it hard to send greeting cards? Don't you have to send them in a bubble envelope? We are hoping to get good at this art.
Maddy

Bookmark   August 27, 2008 at 10:52PM
tioga

Hi Maddy: So sorry I'm late getting back to you, but this is the first time I've been on this forum since I posted the quilling question, and we don't receive answers to our postings like we used to.

I usually go to the Kitchen Table. But to answer your question about mailing quilled cards, I take them to the Post Office and have them hand-cancelled. So far, they've reached their destinations without any problems.

Happy Quilling,

Tioga

Bookmark   October 5, 2008 at 12:59PM
TwoMonths

I quill also. My sister got me started. It is a lot of fun. We found some kits at the Dollar Tree that had pics we could follow also last year.

Re email from postings: you review the posting and there is a place to mark if you want to receive answers.

Bookmark   October 5, 2008 at 4:41PM
More Discussions
Scottish creations....
Simply amazing... Here is a link that might be useful:...
nmgirl
Patterns for paper cutting
Hi-- is anyone besides me interested in the art of...
frabee
newbie: good quality home made paper???
Hi everyone! All of the homemade paper I have seen...
jacob_jones
Removing odor from paper wreath
I recently purchased, on line , several wreath made...
joyce58
I will trade handmade paper for mosaic glass
I make handmade paper and would love to trade some...
bigtoad
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™