Baby Announcement or Congratulations Card

Red_ConfettiAugust 10, 2005

I found the instructions and pattern for this cute card in Simply Super Paper by Sandra Lounsbury Foose. Here is a link to the book description on Amazon - Simply Super Paper on Amazon.

The little baby shirt is made of cardstock, and the two front flaps open to reveal whatever message or picture you choose to put inside. I put a picture of the newborn baby inside with the words "Welcome Jeremiah."

I glued the shirt to the front of green cardstock, folded into a card with a message of congratulations inside.

You could also use the little shirt by itself as the card, putting the verse inside - on each inside shirt front flap, as well as the center section.

There are lots of wonderful creative paper ideas in the book. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys papercrafting!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Red_Confetti

Well shucks! The link to the book on Amazon is below... sorry for the erroneous one above to Mother Earth News - LOL!

Here is a link that might be useful: Simply Super Paper at Amazon

Bookmark   August 10, 2005 at 11:21AM
Red_Confetti

Was just visiting one of my favorite template sites and there was the same template (Diaper Shirt Card) as I used to make the one above!

Even if you aren't interested in making the baby shirt card, the site is really worth taking a look if you haven't already - a wonderful site for card crafting ideas! Lots of templates...

Here is a link that might be useful: TEMPLATES BY DONOVAN

Bookmark   September 18, 2005 at 12:19PM
samsquares_yahoo_ca

Well I had my cards done through a website in Canada, and it worked out very well! They have nice original baby cards.

Here is the link below

Here is a link that might be useful: Babycard

Bookmark   January 29, 2009 at 4:21PM
More Discussions
I will trade handmade paper for mosaic glass
I make handmade paper and would love to trade some...
bigtoad
Anyone doing Rubber Stamping in NE Texas'
Cleaning out my stamps and supplies
minnie_tx
Making Greeting Cards
Recently a gal came to our group to show us how to...
pink_warm_mama_1
pasting pictures on wall
I didn't exactly know where to post this, but I figure...
cindiw2
tinting Homemade paper
Hi I am new here I was wondering if anyone could help...
blackeyedsuzan
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™