How to Hold Paper to Cutting Mat without Marring Paper

Red_ConfettiAugust 16, 2004

I have tried many different tapes to hold the paper to my work surface when I am making cards or other paper projects. I have usually been dismayed to find part of the paper surface torn up or marred when I removed the tape.

Tonight I tried that blue stretchy stuff that is usually used to temporarily hold posters, etc. to the wall. It is called FunTak, although I am sure there are other brands. I got mine at a large hardware, but I've seen it at other stores.

Here is a picture of it in use. It is the two little blue blobs at the top of the paper, holding the sheet to my cutting mat. I was about to score the paper (using a metal straight-edge and the back side of a small crochet hook) so I could fold the paper into a multi-fold card.

If you have some of this blue stuff around the house, give it a try. I think you will be pleased with it. It did leave a few little gloms of the blue stuff on the paper when I first pulled it off, but I just rubbed them with a finger and they rolled right off.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
minnie_tx

I was looking in a drawer just this morning and found some of the tak stuff. Good idea.

Bookmark   August 17, 2004 at 1:02PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mariend

There is also some special scotch tape that is removable, but hard to find.

Bookmark   August 20, 2004 at 10:52PM
More Discussions
How to remove plastic from hardboard placemats?
I have paper placemats that are on hardboard with a...
caflowerluver
the screen and the pulp are in love
Does anyone else have this problem when they are making...
deans.photos2
invitation wording help
I'm having a graduation pool party for my daughter,...
txswetie
Cardboard boxes
Hello everyone: this is my first time of this forum...
northerner_on
pasting pictures on wall
I didn't exactly know where to post this, but I figure...
cindiw2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™