stamping cards?

livvyandbellaJuly 22, 2003

I have stamped before. I would like to make packages of cards to give as gifts for the holiday's. How difficult is it to stamp, and where is the best place to get supplies, including blank cards?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Gramof3

Use card stock to make you own & save a bundle! 1 piece of card stock makes 2 note cards. Find a rubber stamping store near you & get some really good stuff & some ideas. Then go to Michaels and get stuff to "fill in". Try the net; do a Google search using "rubber stamp" in the subject line. For specific questions, come back here; there are plenty of great folks here happy to help out. Target also sells the "Hot Hues" line of blank note cards that have an embossed frame to them. Plenty of different colors. Stamping ink shows much better on the lighter ones. Go nuts with embellishments: sequins as flower pettals, beads, wire, hole punches, etc. Let us know how you make out.

Bookmark   July 25, 2003 at 9:24PM
livvyandbella

Just reading my message..correction..I have never stamped before. Thank you for your advice, and where to find cards..off to Target to begin. Do you buy your stamping supplies at Michaels? I don't know of a store that just has stamping.

Bookmark   July 26, 2003 at 6:06AM
minnie_tx

Target doesn't have much of anything and certainly no bargains on stamping stuff. Michael's or Hobby Lobby is your bet bet if there is no Stamping store around.

Bookmark   July 26, 2003 at 5:26PM
More Discussions
pasting pictures on wall
I didn't exactly know where to post this, but I figure...
cindiw2
Removing odor from paper wreath
I recently purchased, on line , several wreath made...
joyce58
Making Greeting Cards
Recently a gal came to our group to show us how to...
pink_warm_mama_1
Anyone doing Rubber Stamping in NE Texas'
Cleaning out my stamps and supplies
minnie_tx
invitation wording help
I'm having a graduation pool party for my daughter,...
txswetie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™