Paper Edges

grammascJune 18, 2006

Does anyone have a tip for giving the edges of paper a burned/singed look? Prefer one that doesn't require extra fire insurance :^)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Take a brown ink pad and hold it in your hand and swipe the edges of the paper. If you want irregular edges on the paper, cut it first and then ink.

    Bookmark   June 22, 2006 at 9:55PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Either tear the paper first to make an irregular edge. Tearing paper towards you will give a different look from tearing the paper away from you. I prefer towards you and then you can chalk the edges. Also a very useful and inexpensive tool for distressing paper is Heidi Swapps paper distresser which costs only about a dollar.

Inking an edge is also a good way.

    Bookmark   July 23, 2006 at 10:36AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo


Does JoAnn Fabric carry that distressing tool? I have never seen one before.


    Bookmark   August 5, 2006 at 8:43PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I don't know about JoAnn but I think Michaels and Hobby Lobby carry them.

    Bookmark   August 15, 2006 at 4:28PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I bought mine at Michaels for $1.00 It's pink and round with a small section with a razor part cut out. Looks like a Pacman.

    Bookmark   August 23, 2006 at 9:11AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I've looked for the distressing tool at Hobby Lobby and Michaels. What section did you find it in? I looked in scrapbooking, art, paper crafts and craft knives but didn't see it. From past experience I've found it useless to ask for anything in Michaels. The standard answer is that they don't have it, but usually if I keep looking I can find it myself. Then if I'm not in a hurry I take the item back and show it to the person who said they didn't have it. :^)

    Bookmark   September 12, 2006 at 7:02PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Cardboard boxes
Hello everyone: this is my first time of this forum...
newbie: good quality home made paper???
Hi everyone! All of the homemade paper I have seen...
Scottish creations....
Simply amazing... Here is a link that might be useful:...
Quilted paper folding
I went to a rubber stamping convention on Sat. and...
Removing odor from paper wreath
I recently purchased, on line , several wreath made...
Sponsored Products
Sovet Italia | Party Dining Table Base 1
Kraft Paper Hardback Shade 5x15x10 (Spider)
$49.91 | Lamps Plus
Sterling Industries 6043628 Firenza Chest
Beyond Stores
Ultra Resort Foam Top Innerspring 10-inch Queen-size Mattress
Armen Living Ava Swivel Counter Height Stool - Cream - LC4045BACR26
$299.00 | Hayneedle
Sun3 Round 16 Degree LED Ceiling Recessed
Sonneman | Parallel 39 Inch LED Bath Bar
$790.00 | YLighting
Metal Edge Laptop Desk
Cost Plus World Market
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™