Greeting Card Boxes

lorraine303April 24, 2003

I put pictures in the gallery of greeting card boxes that I made for Easter this year using instructions from Carol Duvall's episode CDS 1358. They were fun to make and not too time-consuming. I needle-tatted the flowers for the inside (from another episode) and used stickers for the lettering. I used paint chip samples from HD for the tags. The only thing that I was dissappointed with was the MIL and SIL's reactions. I love doing these things with paper, I just wish I had someone to give them to who would appreciate them!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
minnie_tx

Those are so sweet. I think it was today that a viewer on CD wrote that her Grandfather (I think it was) makes those little boxes and leaves them on the table for servers with his tip inside.
How big are your boxes?

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   April 25, 2003 at 12:47AM
gramcraft

Well those are just darling. I am fortunate that my friends all appreciate my "efforts". It is disheartening when some don't know all the love and effort that goes into a little project, but don't give up, just find other recipients for your great "gifts" who will appreciate them.

Bookmark   April 25, 2003 at 10:55AM
lorraine303

Glad you liked them. Minnie, they are about 2 1/2 inches tall (not including the beads for feet) and just about 4" square. I think those other ones are a little smaller so you could carry them in a pocket easier - I think I'll try those too. Thanks for the idea!

Bookmark   April 25, 2003 at 5:10PM
Lia_SC

You can give one to me, Lorraine; I would appreciate it! *big grin*
I appreciate the work and love that go into them, and I think they are just too cute!! Love the little tootsies on 'em! :-)

If I weren't so darned swap impaired I'd suggest we do a trade. The purse swap we did in the past was so fun!

Bookmark   April 25, 2003 at 8:30PM
taunia1

You did a fab job on them!! I'm with Lia; I'll take one! Don't let that stop you, you're good.

Bookmark   May 28, 2003 at 10:57PM
More Discussions
Looking for a rubber stamp source
I need some rubber stamps for use in the elementary...
socks
The Rubber Stamper magazine has been sold
Just got this off another board and thought I'd share...
minnie_tx
Scottish creations....
Simply amazing... Here is a link that might be useful:...
nmgirl
card envelopes!
HI i have learned to make beautiful cards on computer...
rosessecretgarden
paper id
can anyone tell me what kind of paper was used in the...
barbaraparm
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™