Need a special card

grammascApril 16, 2006

I am going to make a birthday card for a special lady. She is in her thirties, is blind and in a wheel chair. She is a lovely, sweet person and I want to make something she might get a tiny bit of pleasure from. Anyone have any ideas, poems, etc? About the only thing I've thought of so far is attaching some small silk flowers with brads in the center.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Red_Confetti

Does she read Braille? If so, I think she would be delighted if you put a short message, even if only "Happy Birthday" in Braille on the card. You could use a darning needle and punch through from the back of the card (would have to be done in reverse). Of course real Braille letters aren't punched through with holes on top, but I bet she could still 'read' them. Or you might be able to do the impressions with a ball-tip embosser from the back... that wouldn't leave any holes on the front.

Or if you think you may enjoy transcribing info into Braille for her, see link below for the special slate and stylus. Lots of great info on Braille there if you click around!

Here is a link that might be useful: Braille Trail Activity Book with Slate & Stylus

Bookmark   April 16, 2006 at 11:50PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sue102

How about one of those sound chips that you can purchase in most scrapbooking stores? You can record a message and she can listen to it as many times as she wants to.
Sue

Bookmark   April 17, 2006 at 12:16PM
More Discussions
Scottish creations....
Simply amazing... Here is a link that might be useful:...
nmgirl
invitation wording help
I'm having a graduation pool party for my daughter,...
txswetie
Identification of a plant
Pls,give the description of the plant...
Ashfy
How to remove plastic from hardboard placemats?
I have paper placemats that are on hardboard with a...
caflowerluver
card envelopes!
HI i have learned to make beautiful cards on computer...
rosessecretgarden
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™