ink pads

bjamesMarch 11, 2007

I have some ink pads, pigment and dye based, which are considerably new... used only one or two times. The problem is that I haven't used them for a while, and now they are "dry"!! Does anyone know of any way to rehydrate them? I know that there is a product on the market that is called a stamp refresher, but, I do not wish to spend any more for this. There must be a product, or something that can be made at home that can be used to solve this problem. Any advice?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
minnie_tx

Why not try to just use some water and see if that will help. One pad wouldn't be too bad to experiment on. Or maybe some kind of paint extender from the craft paint dept. I know they sell a bottle to use on the pallette when you dont want the full strength of the paint on a project or to keep the paint moist for a while (one of the two!!)

I should check my own pad drawer and see how they are doing. Someone said to store them upside down. I know all my gel pens dried out.

Bookmark   March 12, 2007 at 11:44AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tami_ohio

Store them upside down. This keeps the ink in the top of the pad, instead of settling to the bottom. They may only need turned upside down for a day to solve your problem without buying the re-inkers to refresh them.

Tami

Bookmark   August 8, 2007 at 9:38AM
More Discussions
invitation wording help
I'm having a graduation pool party for my daughter,...
txswetie
paper id
can anyone tell me what kind of paper was used in the...
barbaraparmelee
Removing odor from paper wreath
I recently purchased, on line , several wreath made...
joyce58
Patterns for paper cutting
Hi-- is anyone besides me interested in the art of...
frabee
newbie: good quality home made paper???
Hi everyone! All of the homemade paper I have seen...
jacob_jones
Sponsored Products
Lights Up | Walker Floor Lamp
$416.00 | YLighting
Shower Curtain Artistic - Navy Blue Love Anchor Nautical
$89.00 | DiaNoche
Cusp Lounge Chair in Orange
$629.00 | LexMod
Full-Sized Lambswool Mattress Pad
Overstock.com
Sidney Modern Armchair
$184.99 | Dot & Bo