tinting Homemade paper

blackeyedsuzanMarch 24, 2007

Hi I am new here I was wondering if anyone could help me. I would like to make paper with seeds in it, but I would like it to be Royal Blue. I have tried a few things but the paper turns out light blue - does anyone have any suggestions. Thank you

Blackeyedsuzan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oddie

Hi, thought since no one has answered your post I would try, have you tried acrylic paints, dark blue and add black till its pretty dark since it will dry lighter, maybe food coloring, cant find my box to see what colors to mix, rit frabic dye , or maybe paint the paper while still wet with water colors if the paper is still wet the color should blend, Iam only guessing you might have already tried these, you might post on the craft form I am sure you would get some ideas there.
Oddie

Bookmark   April 3, 2007 at 8:43AM
SanPS

Thank you for sharing:)

Here is a link that might be useful: Wall Art

Bookmark   April 4, 2013 at 3:21AM
janmoulder

The simplest way to get that color is to start with that color paper, that is if you're recycling paper. I second the Rit dye...you can just mix the liquid into the pulp. Don't try adding paint because it could compromise the strength of the paper. You will need to dry the paper pretty quickly or the seeds start sprouting...not what you want, I would guess. I've been making paper for quite a while and have already made all the mistakes! ;-)

Best of luck!
Jan

Bookmark   April 29, 2013 at 3:32PM
More Discussions
Patterns for paper cutting
Hi-- is anyone besides me interested in the art of...
frabee
the screen and the pulp are in love
Does anyone else have this problem when they are making...
deans.photos2
Identification of a plant
Pls,give the description of the plant...
Ashfy
artificial snow flakes
hi all! I want to know some cool easy tricks to make...
rosessecretgarden
newbie: good quality home made paper???
Hi everyone! All of the homemade paper I have seen...
jacob_jones
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™