copper tooling

Lia_SCFebruary 6, 2003

I mentioned in another thread that I went off on a tangent last p.m....

Have you ever seen the kids' book "If You Give a Mouse a Muffin"? It's kinda like that:

I scrubbed one of my copper bottom pots the other night; Then last night I cooked in it again. When I got ready to wash it again, I noticed all the cool colors. Hmmm.. I thought about that project on Carol Duvall by the Y.I.Stamp lady, where she colored the copper by heating...

Then I was rummaging around for a box lid to do the Art Dolls and found tooling copper that I *had* to have so long ago. So.... I cut a piece, stamped on it, and held it over a flame. I didn't bother looking up how it was done on Carol's show, so I just used a candle.

Whew! More than you wanted to know, huh? Anyway, I finished it as a card and finally got a could-be-better photo uploaded to the Gallery. (too much reflection in the pic)

If you'd like to see....

Here is a link that might be useful:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lorraine303

It looks great. Thanks for sharing.

Bookmark   February 6, 2003 at 6:35PM
ArtsyCraftsy

It's just beautiful, Lia!

Bookmark   February 7, 2003 at 9:20AM
Lia_SC

Thanks, ladies!
BTW, I'm not reading that book --it was just a prop that was lying out because I tore the cover off. I read somewhere that old Readers Digest book covers make good little canvases and I have a bunch of them so I thought I'd try it. LOL!

Bookmark   February 7, 2003 at 10:57AM
meggiecat

I like the copper but better yet the book covers as canvases!! Those things are a dime a dozen! Good tip.

Bookmark   February 7, 2003 at 3:57PM
rosie_ga

OK....let me get this straight......cooking, copper bottomed pan.....what's up with that? I guess the good news is the finished product looks good no matter what the process was to get there. LOL

Bookmark   February 8, 2003 at 8:52AM
More Discussions
Patterns for paper cutting
Hi-- is anyone besides me interested in the art of...
frabee
pasting pictures on wall
I didn't exactly know where to post this, but I figure...
cindiw2
Removing odor from paper wreath
I recently purchased, on line , several wreath made...
joyce58
Identification of a plant
Pls,give the description of the plant...
Ashfy
large handmade paper
i've been making small, thick 5x7 sheets and have had...
turtle_lover
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™