Help!! Paint color choices for 3 year old boy's room

tdub4January 11, 2007

We are painting my 3 year old son's room. We will be putting a wallpaper border around the room around "chair rail high". We would like to have one color below the border and another color above (the color on top will be the primary color being it will take about 2/3rds of the wall). There is a link to a picture of the border below. I am curious of your suggestions for colors that you would put on the top and bottom. Or would you opt for one color? Please let me know we are going crazy!

Here is a link that might be useful: Wallpaper Border

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Lori A. Sawaya

I did a room using that border. I used two borders actually - there was a wider one with trucks, etc. in addition to the train one you posted.

DISCLAIMER: These pictures are not the greatest, but thought they might help none the less.

I woolied two blues on the majority of the walls. Super easy. Ended up looking like light blue denimn. Prior to the blue woolie, I Taped off a horizontal band and painted a solid yellow. Hung BOTH borders within the painted yellow band to make it look like one large border. I dropped it down from the ceiling about 16 inches so it would be down where the little guy could see it better and maybe enjoy it more.

Loved this room and wish I had better pictures.

Bed in its natural state :-)

Bookmark   January 12, 2007 at 2:18AM
More Discussions
paint color help, Please!
Eastern Washington State, 1964 single story, 1500 sq....
H
First Time Homeowner - Interior Paint Decision ProMar/SuperPaint/Aura?
Here we go... I just purchased a 1950s midcentury modern...
jstem20
Front door color for my gray house!
Hey everyone, I need help choosing a front door color....
suzii
Just painted kitchen cabinets, now the paint is easily peeling.
My kitchen cabinets had a natural, grainy wood finish....
iris_bulb
OIL BASED PAINT
Read on another thread about oil based paints being...
kashka_kat
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™