Great Artist Site

rosie_gaJanuary 30, 2003

Wondering what the rule/law is on printing from a site like this.........If it's a certain age, is it copywrited? Click on artist.....this database is wonderful.

http://gallery.euroweb.hu/index1.html

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Lia_SC

Wowwwwwwwwwww! You ain't just whistlin' Dixie! That is phenonmenal! Great way to see some artwork I never even knew existed!

Bookmark   January 30, 2003 at 9:46PM
rosie_ga

Hey Lia.......I see soooo many copies of Mona Lisa now and also Mich....David and Venus......Aren't they OK to use if the artworks are that old and wonder what the cut-off date is like 100 years ago and beyond.

Bookmark   January 30, 2003 at 11:33PM
rosie_ga

Never mind......I have my answer.

Bookmark   January 30, 2003 at 11:50PM
Lia_SC

Hey, would you mind letting me in on it? 'Cause I have never been sure. I always assumed that (unless otherwise stated) the person who published the pictures has a copyright.
With that site, I was *really* unsure, since each picture seemed to be meant for printing. They offered a choice of background --black, greyscale or white. But then, I thought I saw something about purchasing prints....?

Bookmark   January 31, 2003 at 12:30AM
rosie_ga

Did some research last night........when I was looking for pics of Mona there were a million online. It seems each pic (even though copied fromt the original) has it's own copyright. (if the person has it copyrighted) Still confusing. I guess the only way for one to use an old art work would be to go to the Lourve and take your own pic. Guess one could sketch it and use that. I too saw the purchasing prints on this site but there is not one statement about copyright or "all rights reserved."

Bookmark   January 31, 2003 at 8:28AM
More Discussions
Looking for a rubber stamp source
I need some rubber stamps for use in the elementary...
socks
How to remove plastic from hardboard placemats?
I have paper placemats that are on hardboard with a...
caflowerluver
large handmade paper
i've been making small, thick 5x7 sheets and have had...
turtle_lover
card envelopes!
HI i have learned to make beautiful cards on computer...
rosessecretgarden
Cardboard boxes
Hello everyone: this is my first time of this forum...
northerner_on
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™