'puzzling question'

rosie_gaJanuary 23, 2003

This is probably going to be one of those "I wish I hadn't asked that" type of question but here goes. I have seen puzzle piece put together to form about a 4" X 5" base for collages. There is a picture that has been decoupaged to the pieces but they still show the indentations of the puzzle. The "new" picture might be an old photograph, etc. How is that done?

Maybe traced on picture......cut out and glued on?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Morning Rosie....I guess this could be done a few ways. Your idea would work just fine. There are "puzzle" templates for programs (forget which ones just now) that you'd import your photo to the program, then lay the "puzzle" template over it.
I don't know why you couldn't take a real section of puzzle, decoupage your photo on that...then cut with a craft knife...?

    Bookmark   January 24, 2003 at 8:41AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I was looking at the InventIt papers that are on clearance (linked in Computer Crafts) and one of them has something to do with puzzles. I don't know if the paper you print on comes perforated or what. Might be worth looking into?

    Bookmark   January 25, 2003 at 9:57PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
How to remove plastic from hardboard placemats?
I have paper placemats that are on hardboard with a...
Photocopy Image Transfer Method
I discovered this way of transferring a photocopied...
I will trade handmade paper for mosaic glass
I make handmade paper and would love to trade some...
the screen and the pulp are in love
Does anyone else have this problem when they are making...
newbie: good quality home made paper???
Hi everyone! All of the homemade paper I have seen...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™