best sink

kisd81December 28, 2013

My husband inherited his grandparents house back in August. It is about 100 years old. It started out as a four room house, and his grandfather expanded it when his mother was 3. We are a family of 6, so there has had to be extensive adding and remodeling. We are trying to stick to the style of the age of the house (that was confusing).

In the kitchen we are having bottom cabinets only (mainly). The cabinets are a greenish blue (light). My conundrum is this.....what type of sink!!! I know I want a farm sink. Probably two bowls. (I dont have a space for a seperate prep sink).

As I said I have four very young kids and do not need something that requires a great deal of up keep or that is delicate. I would LOVE a copper sink I think. Do you think that would look good with the color of the cabinets? If you have one or have had one what are your thoughts?

Thank you so much for your help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chibimimi

I've had a copper kitchen sink. It was beautiful BUT had to be babied somewhat. Mine had an aged finish which you could only clean with soap and water or it would come off. Then you either had to repair the finish (not easy to do evenly) or wait for it to re-darken. In retrospect, I would not use copper again for the primary kitchen sink, although it would be fine for a secondary one.

What about white porcelain?

Bookmark   December 30, 2013 at 1:45PM
kompy

I just did an undermount stainless steel sink in my old 1930s house. I'd always dreamed of having a farmsink, but I got a great deal on a KWC sink....and after thinking it through, I wanted a more formal look, not so country. I have no regrets.

Bookmark   January 10, 2014 at 1:36PM
powermuffin

What is KWC kompy? Kohler something?
Thanks,
Diane

Bookmark   January 14, 2014 at 4:34PM
neighborgirl

KWC is a supplier of kitchen faucets and sinks. Just
google KWC faucets and you will find their products.

Bookmark   January 15, 2014 at 1:00AM
kompy

I think they're made in Switzerland.

Bookmark   January 16, 2014 at 10:10AM
More Discussions
Dry Rot - Your Opinions, Please
Hello, Everyone... My husband and I are in the process...
TessieQ
Told we had a slate roof--turns out...
...it's asbestos. We bought our lovely, grand 1910...
hgolightly
Sanity check: Huge window & shutter repair/replace bill?
Hey folks! I am the proud new-ish owner of 1740s brick...
ahoyhere
Radon
Hi. I have never posted in this particular forum before,...
ilovemytrees
Stair striping and refinishing advice
I ve been stripping and refinishing my stairs in my...
marleeOLDHouse
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™