Kitchen sink help

annkh_ndFebruary 7, 2013

I am in the process of remodeling my kitchen with custom-built cabinets. Most of the budget is going to the cabinets themselves, so I'm planning to go with laminate countertops and a stainless steel sink drop-in sink.

My problem is that my sink wall is short - 10 feet - and at the closed end of a U, so space is at a premium. Narrowing the sink cab down from 36" will make a huge difference in terms of using the space on each side (one side will have drawers; the other side a narrow cookie sheet cabinet between the sink and a diagonal corner cab).

Our current sink is a double, so that's what we're used to. I'm debating between a larger single sink, and an offset one like this:
http://www.moen.com/camelot/stainless-steel-20-gauge-double-bowl-drop-in-sink/_/R-CONSUMER%3A22238

Having not ever had a single sink, I don't know if I'll love it or hate it. We use the dishwasher for everything but pots and pans (which would fit better in a single sink).

Thoughts? Experiences? Suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
annkh_nd

Oops, posted the link wrong.

Here is a link that might be useful: offset sink

Bookmark   February 7, 2013 at 2:34PM
ginny20

I'm sure you've read all the posts about single vs double. IMO for most people, if you only have one sink, it's probably better to have a double. In this case, is the big side big enough to hold your biggest stockpot? It looks like it has a regular-sized side and a smaller side. If that's the case, and if you just need the smaller side for anything extra that has to happen while the big side is busy (garbage disposer?), then I think it would work.

Bookmark   February 7, 2013 at 2:52PM
robo (z6a)

There are some awesome offset sinks out there that can go even bigger than that Moen and still fit in a 33" cab!

Are you thinking of going down to...how big of a cab?

Bookmark   February 7, 2013 at 3:54PM
More Discussions
Specific stacked upper cab questions
I'm looking for input as I get closer to finalizing...
melis918
Cabs above the fridge and wall oven
We don't have a KD yet, and I'm still just figuring...
Jennifer Weinman
High backsplash install quote
My contractor just gave us a quote of $2,200 to install...
leemiller
Do I need drywall behind cabinets?
I am building a counter-height knee wall between my...
DIY2Much2Do
Faux marble countertops II
Here's the link to original post, but it's kind of...
lavender_lass
Sponsored Products
Optimum Stainless Steel Double-Bowl Sink Grid Set
Signature Hardware
Partia Flushmount 17" Wide Nickel LED Ceiling Light
Lamps Plus
Chintaly Jade 5 Piece Dining Table Set with Jamila Chairs - CTY1251
$973.72 | Hayneedle
Fruit napkins, set of 6 (red/green)
Origin Crafts
Vitra | Uten.Silo
YLiving.com