Funcolors-Have decided on a color, but what finish

sis2twoJanuary 30, 2013

Hi Funcolors! Finally, I've settled on Citrine by Ellen Kennon for my kitchen. Thank goodness that's behind me and I can move on! I remember that you had suggested that I use an eggshell finish for the kitchen. I am wondering if the eggshell can easily be touched up if need be. My cabinets will be reinstalled after the kitchen is painted and I worry about touch-ups that may have to be done. The bottom half of our walls are white beadboard. What would you suggest? As always, thank you so much for your help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Lori A. Sawaya

Touching up LifeMaster Eggshell is like touching up the mattes that are popular now, i.e. Aura. Here's how I do it. I take a little bit of paint and add a few drops of water - just a few. Mix well to thin the paint. Then I dampen a small sponge brush and use to to apply thin coats. Horizontal and vertical - not all the same direction. It dries fast because the coats are thin. Better to do multiple thin coats on the spot than one or two thick.

No matter what finish, even flat, if the light hits it right, you'll see it. Doing multiple directions can help diffuse and hide.

Good luck with everything - glad you have your color.

Bookmark   January 30, 2013 at 6:20PM
More Discussions
Paint not cured-it's been over a month!
I recently painted an unfinished wooden bench. I did...
Phobie Privett
Can regular paint go over Cabinet Coat?
I have an orange oak vanity cabinet I just pulled out...
mrsshayne
Is the burgundy / red accent wall dated?
Hi all! Would love your opinions on this ! My husband...
eesmerelda
Mixing your own paint colors
Decided I want to do this bc I can't find exactly what...
kashka_kat
How to move forward and paint after large scale patching and sanding
We have plaster walls and ceilings. I removed the...
lannegreenelag
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™