Good news! So excited!!!

kindred_nyDecember 1, 2010

I have a piece of baseboard that the PO's had butchered from somewhere (The stairway I think when they put up sheetrock). I wanted to know what was under the paint, so I put some stripper on it. Under the white paint is the prettiest green paint. And under that is beautiful dark wood. The paint doesn't seem the be stuck too strongly to the wood, so I'm guessing there's a finish on the wood! :-)

Guess I'll be busy stripping wood for my next project!!! Yea!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kindred_ny

Bookmark   December 1, 2010 at 7:18PM
jiggreen

That IS great news!!

But....I'm going to be the voice of your daughter here...
"Mom! Before you take on another project, shouldn't you finish one of the gazillion projects you already have going on????!!!"

As for me, I say....get to stripping it! There's always tomorrow to finish painting that cabinet or that bathroom.............. :)

Bookmark   December 1, 2010 at 10:52PM
ks_toolgirl

Suh-weet!! Stripping is my favorite! (Fully clothed, start to finish - not that other kind, lol). I say if you enjoy it like I have, since I helped Mom strip & refinish a table w/buffet @ age 10!, then get it going! The crappy projects are more tolerable when you can take a break for fun - and still be "working on the house". :-)
A little at a time, or the partner (daughter?) gets grumpy about more chaos! (Lol).
I'm excited for you, have fun. :-)

Bookmark   December 2, 2010 at 12:00AM
kindred_ny

LOL @ Jig! She's been rolling her eyes at me since I showed her the sample. :-) And toolgirl, you're right. Sometimes a girl's just gotta have a little fun! Can't wait!!! Think I'll start in the kitchen. (I'm doing a little happy dance inside right now!)

Bookmark   December 2, 2010 at 6:47AM
kindred_ny

LOL @ Jig! She's been rolling her eyes at me since I showed her the sample. :-) And toolgirl, you're right. Sometimes a girl's just gotta have a little fun! Can't wait!!! Think I'll start in the kitchen. (I'm doing a little happy dance inside right now!)

Bookmark   December 2, 2010 at 9:28PM
More Discussions
Old-Growth Heart pine paneling -- reused as flooring?
Hi, My new 1939 colonial has a family room and foyer...
dyhgarden
Oh crap, plaster crack
I was removing a window casing so I could reposition...
graywings123
Weird things found in old houses
So I went on a basement rampage this weekend, donning...
ideagirl2
Anyone know what this is?????
Does anyone on the forum know what this is? Found it...
John0087
White Cedar Shingles: Best price?
Hi all, My wife and I are gearing up to restore the...
dmatlosz
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™