Watery not Nursery

msl511January 1, 2011

We have bathroom walls that are white tile on the bottom, then a band of cobalt blue glass tile in the middle. We want to paint the top half of the walls something in the blue/green family, pale, true, clear (if that makes sense). No grey tones. Is there some trick to making sure we end up with a color that is calm and watery not nursery and pastely?

We'll be using Benjamin Moore paint, but feel free to suggest another brand if there's a particular color you like. We can always have it matched.

Right now I have a Garnet Hill sale catalog in the house with a blue/green watercolor looking cover that's very pretty and I keep eyeing that and wondering if I really want to have someone come in a do some kind of faux painting effect. Or maybe just matching the color sufficiently well would do it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Lori A. Sawaya

Sure - a pro finisher could totally interpret that piece and work up a custom finish using custom colors for your space.

If you decide to go with straight color, the Pratt & Lambert color collection has a better selection of the blue-greens, green-blues than just about any other color collection out there.

Pratt & Lambert is most often found at independent paint stores. Their Accolade in Velvet finish is one of my very favorite flavors of paint.

Bookmark   January 1, 2011 at 11:44PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
denali2007

Although not a blue green or green blue, I have used Gossamer Blue in my powder room. It's from BM

Bookmark   January 2, 2011 at 9:38AM
More Discussions
How To Remove Paint From Stainless Steel
I have two appliances that I want to reuse in my kitchen...
homechef59
Paint for basement stairs
I'm planning to repaint my basement stairs. Is SW Porch...
corgimum
Bathroom paint advice (lots of wood/almond/gold)
I need advice for my only full bathroom. Currently...
rara_avis21
Wall color for dark gray couch with yellow accent pillows
Wondering what wall color would look good with a dark...
hammy5
Cast iron table on the patio rusting?
A small cast iron table has been outside for 15 years,...
yugoslava
Sponsored Products
Dollhouse Area Rug - 2'x 3'
Grandin Road
NoJo Jungle Babies 8 pc. Comforter Set - 3544608
$174.99 | Hayneedle
DaVinci Jayden 6-drawer Double Dresser
Overstock.com
Nurseryworks | Highlight Crib
YLiving.com
Oilo | Raindrops 3-Piece Crib Set
YLiving.com