Operation Forklift in DC? Directions?

sdionnemooreFebruary 11, 2008

I Googled Operation Forklift and didn't come up with anything. Can someone give me directions to this place in DC? I'd love to look over their remnants for our bathrooms.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pcjs

http://www.communityforklift.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: Directions

Bookmark   February 11, 2008 at 2:40PM
CEFreeman

[LOL]

Just wanted to chime in that those directions stink.
You'll wander around in an area that is pretty awful if you don't understand their north/south, which are actually east/west on the street signs.

If you wanted to let me know from where you're coming, I can help. I go every Friday.

Bookmark   December 4, 2012 at 12:10PM
brickeyee

"You'll wander around in an area that is pretty awful if you don't understand their north/south, which are actually east/west on the street signs. "

Washington DC has four quadrants, with the Capitol at the intersection.

North-east, north-west, south-east, and a very small section of south-west that still exists (a lot of it became Arlington County Virginia with retrocession).

They are abbreviated on many signs as NE, NW, SE, and SW.

Numbered streets generally run N-S, lettered street E-W, streets named after states are diagonals for the most part.

The letter 'J' is missing from the letter streets.

Watch out for stop lights on the SIDES (corners) of the intersections.

I know one person who missed them and barreled through before realizing they are not overhead.

Bookmark   December 4, 2012 at 12:59PM
CEFreeman

Dearheart, the Community Forklift is in Bladensburg (Edmonston) which is no where near any quadrants. We weren't talking about Washington, DC.

I've lived in DC since 1980, at 15th and Q (N.W.) for 10 years.

I'm talking Rural Route signs such as Kenilworth Ave out by 295, BW Parkway near the beltway. If you take a moment and check the directions linked above, they sound fine, but as I said,

>>"You'll wander around in an area that is pretty awful if you don't understand their north/south, which are actually east/west on the street signs.Awful means awful. Don't get caught there at night and only ask a cop if you're winging it and get lost.

And you forgot to mention that everywhere the state streets intersect, you have a traffic circle.
And, the letters start with syllables after a, b, c. We go to 1 syllable, 2 syllables, 3, etc., and some out into Maryland with 4. Add that to the DC hints. It sure can be confusing for the newbies.

How's that.

Bookmark   December 4, 2012 at 2:03PM
More Discussions
How can I improve this layout?
How can I change this layout and still keep the sink...
houserookie
KitchenAid Mixer - Sea glass or azure blue
I'm having a tough time deciding between the Sea glass...
sillyk
Need help with kitchen layout
Looking for ideas. I think the island is too big at...
cinnamon01
The Kitchen Designer Landscape
There seems to be a few scenarios out there. Some I...
denizenx
Please help me decide on kitchen wall cab elevations
We have a 10 foot sloped ceiling (10 feet where the...
veroni2413
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™