Color/wood and door style of cabinets dilemma? Please help

thedorkFebruary 25, 2013

I am lost - my floors are golden oak hardwood original for 1952 house.
My first pick was off white dark glazed cabinets with maybe darker stain on the floors later but now looking at the painted cabinets pricing, I probably should stay with some type of wood stain finish ( budget is tight). I have trouble picking the color - my dining table is more rustic dark brown stain and the house is not modern ( transitional ). Which color of cabinets should I go with so they don't fight with the golden color hardwood and dark table and chairs. I don't like really dark kitchens, I want something warmer but which will be in the same color palette and not too red or orange.
I am not a big fan of shaker style �" like more sleek door but not too modern - thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
live_wire_oak

Which lines have you looked at painted cabnets in? Some are more affordable than others. And you may not need painted. There are some laminates that can work. I just did a whole kitchen with hutch and V groove peninsula back, glass doors, drawers, and roll out trays in Aristokraft Durham door for a couple and the total was only 6K.

There are plenty of affordable choices available! Are you up for DIY painting and glazing yourself?

Bookmark   February 25, 2013 at 6:03PM
thedork

No, I am not DYI - need to order the cabinets and hire a contractor - here are some pics of the space. Thank you for your advice!

Bookmark   February 27, 2013 at 4:18PM
thedork

Could you please share a picture of your kitchen? I like the door style and color - it is laminate correct? Thank you!

Bookmark   February 27, 2013 at 4:26PM
live_wire_oak

It was just ordered, so no pics yet, but here is one from the Aristokraft website. Full disclosure: I'm a KD who sells Aristokraft for ProSource, but any local company that handles the same product can help you. I'd encourage you to explore local custom cabinet makers as well.

From Aristokraft

From Houzz

Traditional Kitchen design by Indianapolis Kitchen And Bath Great Kitchens & Baths

Bookmark   February 27, 2013 at 5:49PM
live_wire_oak

This is a rendering, so it has it's limitations. The kitchen is U shaped, 107"x84", and the fridge run is 93".

Bookmark   February 27, 2013 at 6:02PM
More Discussions
Unsealed leathered Virginia Mist?
My Virginia Mist/Jet Mist counters are installed and...
juliedrew
Need help with kitchen layout
Looking for ideas. I think the island is too big at...
cinnamon01
IKEA kitchen nearly done- so delayed
We've been extremely delayed!! The granite is going...
Chinchette
Wolf oven error on self clean: TCO detect as open
I've had two Wolf E series for nearly 2 years (single...
repac
Small Kitchen Reveal - Complete with total redo of the plan during!
It was hard to even begin to post since my kitchen...
lurkerlisa
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™