Jennair?? What is your feeling or experience?

PattyjillFebruary 21, 2013

Looking for reviews on Jennair. I found a fantastic deal on it!

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Debbi Branka

I have the JennAir counter-depth french door fridge. It's about 1.5 years old. I love it and have no complaints. I emailed the company before I bought it and my model was made in the USA too (not all of them are).

Bookmark   February 21, 2013 at 2:16PM
Debbi Branka

I have the JennAir counter-depth french door fridge. It's about 1.5 years old. I love it and have no complaints. I emailed the company before I bought it and my model was made in the USA too (not all of them are).

Bookmark   February 21, 2013 at 2:17PM
kaysd

We had a circa 2002 Jenn-Air counter depth side by side fridge that worked very well for the 8 years we had it before changing houses.

Bookmark   February 21, 2013 at 2:28PM
wi-sailorgirl

I have all Jenn-Air appliances, ranging in age from a 10-year old dual-fuel slide-in downdraft range, to the French door fridge and dishwasher, which are probably about 5 years old. I have no major complaints with any of them. The range is really loud on the convection setting (which is all I use), the downdraft doesn't work as well as I'd like and every once in a great while the fridge is a little loud. All are what I consider to be relatively minor complaints and probably common to all appliances at one point or another. I'm always a little shocked by the bad reviews Jenn-Air gets. That's not been my experience (and I certainly hope it stays that way).

Bookmark   February 21, 2013 at 2:30PM
doc8404

I had a JA dual-fuel slide-in range with downdraft.

I absolutely loathed it. The downdraft pulled the flame towards the vent and severely impacted the flame height and intensity.

I eventually disconnected the downdraft.

Oh, almost forgot - the circuit board was fried the first time I use the oven clean feature.

In my new kitchen a JennAir range wasn't in the running at all.

Doc

Bookmark   February 21, 2013 at 2:55PM
wi-sailorgirl

I guess in all fairness I should add that while we are redoing our cabinets we are installing an over-range venthood, partly because the downdraft doesn't work great (see Doc's complaints above), although I believe that is common to all downdrafts, but mostly because with a downdraft system you are so limited as to what you can buy (right now if we had to replace we'd have a choice of a JA or a Dacor) and I wanted to leave all our options open when it comes time to replace our appliances in the (hopefully far-off) future.

Bookmark   February 21, 2013 at 2:59PM
Pattyjill

Yes I have a Thermador downdraft now and have never liked it! Will never do a downdraft again!

Bookmark   February 21, 2013 at 3:02PM
Pattyjill

Yes I have a Thermador downdraft now and have never liked it! Will never do a downdraft again!

Bookmark   February 21, 2013 at 3:22PM
Fori is not pleased

I installed JA gas cooktop and double ovens around...2003? They were good. I currently have a JA electric downdraft range of unknown vintage with the interchangeable burner elements. The convection oven is fabulous and has a really good range (very low to very high temp). he cooktop is as good as an electric cooktop can be. I haven't tried using the grill element. The downdraft works surprisingly well but it isn't ducted so it's a best-suction scenario. Straight into the crawl space. I don't use that unless I'm cooking habaneros.

I will not replace it with a downdraft. But I have never had problems with JA appliances.

Bookmark   February 21, 2013 at 3:25PM
More Discussions
Odd Shaped Kitchen Remodel
I cross posted this in the Design Dilemma forum, but...
sdp123
Question for those who have Painted Conestoga Cabinets?
Curious if you went with mdf or paint grade center...
aries61
Can you look at my kitchen layout and tell me what I'm missing?
Sorry I posted this once previously, but I wanted to...
happyallison
Why is a backsplash so hard to choose?
Got the counters in place today...love my Taj Mahal...
ssg7741
Fabricator questions
We were just told that the fabricator our contractor...
tea4all
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™