SW Restrained Gold? Mannered Gold? Suggestions?

ladynimueFebruary 1, 2008

I'm using the Restrained Gold in LR + DR combo...thinking of using the Mannered Gold, which is a bit darker, in the sun room further back in the house, behind the DR, but open to both rooms. I'd love to see any pictures or hear your thoughts about the colors.

Plus, any suggestions for foyer/entry color that would go well with these colors? I was just going to use the Restrained, but now I'm thinking it'll be too much and too dark because the ceiling is low (like 7') and it's a small space (5 x 12).

Thank you :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
prairiegirlz5

I must have a thing for darker colors. I LOVE the Mannered Gold with the Restrained Gold, which looks light to me. Maybe it's because we have higher ceilings? I was considering Lanyard, but according to their color viewer, I like the Mannered Gold much better. Maybe your question will help me too. :)

Bookmark   February 1, 2008 at 1:40PM
teacats

How about SW Ivorie for the foyer? A creamy color but with a very slight hint of gold. Then add accessories -- even picture frames with gold to bring it out in the light .......

Bookmark   February 1, 2008 at 1:45PM
ladynimue

I love the two colors together, too. They're beautiful! Restrained is light, unless you compare it to a cream :) I have some up on one wall right now. The Mannered, I think, is much richer looking.

We have 8' ceilings except for in the foyer and kitchen - they are 6'11" No kidding! The central air duct work is up there. I'm thinking that a color lighter than Restrained Gold would be better for the low ceilinged foyer, but I don't know. Help!

Bookmark   February 1, 2008 at 1:49PM
ladynimue

Thanks teacats, I'll go check out the Ivoire tomorrow. I have a black framed pic planned for the foyer - but lots of golds/fall colors in it. Trim is pure white, fixtures are silver metal.

For now I used the Restrained, but after all the rooms are done I want to explore some other ideas - lighter colors, especially since I think I'll paint the ceiling, too.

Bookmark   February 1, 2008 at 3:51PM
susans02

I used both of those colors - Restrained Gold for LR and Mannered Gold in the DR (in back of the LR). THe DR gets way more sun than the LR. Here are some pics - hope it helps....
LR

LR to DR

DR

Bookmark   February 1, 2008 at 4:14PM
ladynimue

Stunning rooms Susan, I love the colors! Your pic of the DR has convinced me to go with Mannered in my sun room. Thanks very much for sharing!!

Bookmark   February 1, 2008 at 6:07PM
countrylivin2001

I like mannered gold too. It is an accent wall in my LR with the other walls being compatible cream.

Susan, the waincotting in the DR, is it a panel you painted or are the trim pieces and chair rail glued onto the drywall? It looks elegant in your room.

Debra

Bookmark   February 1, 2008 at 6:53PM
ladynimue

Here's a little of what mine is looking like - still painting, but this little wall and some of the entry is done (SW Restrained Gold). Please ignore the ugly fp.

My dh took the pic this morning and there was a lot of light coming in at the time. I'm really liking it and I'm going to go ahead and keep it in the foyer :)

Bookmark   February 2, 2008 at 3:18PM
mpwdmom

I'm thinking of using gold in the master instead of the Pittsfield so I was tickled to see the photos from you, susans02, thanks! : )

Susan

Bookmark   February 2, 2008 at 5:07PM
redlodger

Susans02- your rooms are just stunning. I'm planning on painting my kitchen in our new home mannered gold with the north wall painted red barn. After seeing your pics, I know I'm on the right track :)

Bookmark   February 4, 2008 at 8:39PM
bonniee818

I have Restrained gold in the DR & Ivorie in the foyer. Ivorie in LR , FR, master BR, & bath. Hope this helps........Susan, love your rooms!

Bonnie

Here is a link that might be useful: Restrained gold in DR

Bookmark   February 5, 2008 at 6:01PM
robbyrob

I have restrained gold and mannered gold in my home too. I just love them both.

Mannered gold in the family room:

Restrained gold in the dining room:

Bookmark   February 5, 2008 at 6:27PM
ladynimue

Bonnie, I love the blue accents you used w/the restrained gold.

RobbyRob - love your lamps and that swirly mirror, very cool.

These must be great colors since so many of us are using them! They're the perfect goldish tan yellow (lol), rich and warm and bright.

Bookmark   February 5, 2008 at 7:48PM
More Discussions
I find myself in this situation more often than not!
I''m a sucker for everything she found! Kitchen design,...
lov_mkitchenIOWA zone 6b
Appliances in. Please help me pick lights.
(It’s me. I've wanted to change my name for a while...
misformink
Help me style my living room!
I have no idea what to pair with this tan couch. I...
homestyles2
New Rocking Chair placement
I just bought this new Risom rocker as a floor sample....
rockybird
Advice on blue ceiling please
I'm planning to repaint our living room sometime soon,...
jlc712
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™