Exterior paint color...

guilfordmom2September 5, 2007

Hi,

Our house is in desperate need of new paint. We would like to lighten the color so it isn't so drab, we have looked at various BM colors (sail cloth, bleeker beige). We have also considered a yellow but cannot agree on a shade we both like. The trim will be white, the door will be a wood door with cherry stain and we would like to paint the shutters either a dark blue (Newburyport)or dark green (Essex). The roof is going to stay the same as the pictures (dark gray). If someone could photoshop this photo to show us the different color options that would be great. Let me know if you need any other info and thanks in advance for all of your help.

Image link:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cookingrvc

You have a loverly home.

I am just getting ready to repaint our brick (although we're considering removing more paint and sealing it for a more rustic look). The color we picked is Monterey White (BM HC-27), which is very similar to Sail Cloth.

We saw it painted on a house in our neighborhood, and it is a very soft, creamy color and will go great with our hunter green shutters. The house has black shutters and it looks fantastic.

Although the house we saw it on is a stucco tudor,you should be able to visualize it on your house. Here's a picture:

Hope this helps. Sue
    Bookmark   July 23, 2008 at 10:27PM
cookingrvc

Just found out that the color in the picture above IS sail cloth!!!
s

Bookmark   July 25, 2008 at 1:27PM
lizzieshome

it is probably just my moniter but I can't tell if the exterior color you have now is gray or an olive green? What about a light sagey green?

Bookmark   August 5, 2008 at 9:14PM
More Discussions
Paint pink ground
what is the equivalent of pink ground by Farrow and...
appuri
How to move forward and paint after large scale patching and sanding
We have plaster walls and ceilings. I removed the...
lannegreenelag
Mixing your own paint colors
Decided I want to do this bc I can't find exactly what...
kashka_kat
Help me find this wall paper please
Hi all. I'm new to the forum and excited to be here....
sasseeash
Any opinions on behr premium plus ultra paint?
I am considering using behr premium plus ultra paint...
texasjg
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™