help with colors in grt room

daron73mAugust 25, 2007

Hello fellow experts, I am putting a projector and large movie screen in my great room in home that is being built. So my main wall where the projector screen will be has to be dark color. I have been thinking a dark navy blue but am unsure what the other 2 full walls, and a large arched entry way into kitchen should be. My carpet is a dark chocolate. Also, I have been advised by theater experts that ceiling should not be white. Kitchen is going to be a pale light grey green color. Im no interior designer, so any colors that you think would look good with this combo please let me know.

thankyou!

Image link:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cookingrvc

I used Boston Brick and Cork (both Benjamin Moore) in my basement media room and it looks great. We have a commercial grade carpet in browns and black, and a brown sectional. It is a warm and cozy room.

You can lighten things up in the kitchen by going to a Chestertown Buff which will work nicely with the media room.

Here's a pic of the cork walls. We have other walls and built in cabinetry with Boston-brick walls surrounding them. I can upload those pics to photbucket. Send mean email if you want to see them.

PS: If anyone knows how to make these pics smaller, I am all ears.
s

Basement with BM Cork:

Bookmark   July 23, 2008 at 10:38PM
More Discussions
Need help picking out a color for North facing room please!
Hi, I am looking for advice on what color to choose...
rebeccayliu
Cast iron table on the patio rusting?
A small cast iron table has been outside for 15 years,...
yugoslava
Is the burgundy / red accent wall dated?
Hi all! Would love your opinions on this ! My husband...
eesmerelda
Can I use exterior latex paint in the broom closet?
I want to paint a small broom closet with paint I have...
caroline94535
Exterior paint color help
Can you please suggest some paint colors for this house...
r2d2indy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™