Painting Tray Ceiling; Mt Rushmore Rock for BR?

nickyd816November 9, 2010

We just installed a tray ceiling in our 12x16 bedroom. It has 2 steps up & we r putting crown molding all around (3 levels). Our main wall color will be Benj. Moore Mt Rushmore Rock. I have no idea what to do for paint in the tray. Our contractor friend said do all white.The interior dec @ paint store said to go w/ a light version of the walls (Featherstone) on all the ceiling type surfaces. I am so confused & dont know what would look best. Im not sure I want to do the orig. ceiling part the light color. I thought it should be white. But my DH & I are not agreeing. Any help or ideas??

Also does anyone have the Mt Rushmore color in their house? Is it too dark for a bedroom? My furniture is light, comforter is mocha(see link below)& slate blue, floor is stained cherry. Or if anyone has any pics, send me a message & I will send u my email.

This is my comforter set http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=120471

Here is a link that might be useful: Sebastian Comforter set

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Nola2007

I had a decorator advise me to go all white for our living room tray ceiling, everything above the wall - white. It currently has a lighter color of wall paint on the ceiling like part right above wall, the exact wall color on the inner side and the lighter color again on the ceiling. Sorry my terminology is not awesome. I felt like the stripe feel is very trendy and if isn't already dated feeling, will be soon. So after he unsolicitedly confirmed my feeling I decided all white. It's being painted this weekend. I can post a pic when it's done if you are interested. Here is the before, it's a dark rainy day so its kinda crappy photo.

Bookmark   January 10, 2014 at 3:38PM
More Discussions
Drywall in Garage
Our garage is unpainted and we'd like to spruce it...
bahacca
BM Satin Impervo Waterborne discontinued. Replacement?
I went to purchase this today and discovered it had...
jellytoast
OIL BASED PAINT
Read on another thread about oil based paints being...
kashka_kat
Paint colors
Our 1905 colonial home has original cherry and oak...
CocoaBean1
Paint First or New Flooring First?
I asked a flooring salesman whether to paint walls...
jbnimble
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™