Renovator's Supply sinks/faucets

kpaquetteNovember 17, 2008

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to this forum but have recently been pouring over several forums on this site to get help with our home renovation. I've searched this forum but didn't find an answer to this question - I apologize in advance if it's been discussed before.

Has anyone ever purchased sinks or toilets from Renovator's supply? I am restoring a 1850s Victorian and want period pieces, and my research seems to show that their sinks and toilets are relatively CHEAP! (compared to the Kohler's we are considering.) It almost seems too good to be true - I'd be curious about the quality.

Same for the faucets - they seem to be considerably cheaper than comparable offerings from "big brands" like Grohe. Are they heavy, solid, good quality? Or they more along the lines of builders grade home depot stuff but with a retro design?

If anyone has experience with them I'd love to hear about it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
brickeyee

I have used both, and even pedestal sinks.

I had one sink that was cracked in the box and quickly replaced.

The faucets are very good with a lot having ceramic valves.

Bookmark   November 17, 2008 at 7:39PM
sombreuil_mongrel

I would never again use RenSup for anything, as all of my past dealings with them, dating back to circa 1983, have ended in disappointment. Maybe by now they have improved their customer service, which, alas, in my experience, was non-existent.
Casey

Bookmark   November 18, 2008 at 2:12PM
kpaquette

Casey what happened exactly? I've only ordered one thing from them - an L-shaped curtain rod during our last renovation, and it was fine. But this time I'm considering them for a pedestal sink, toilet, sink faucet, clawfoot tub hardware and all the hinges for our interior doors. When was the last time you ordered from them? Was it the quality?

Bookmark   November 18, 2008 at 2:16PM
jcin_los_angeles

I've ordered many items from them in the past 20 years and have been pleased every time. No problems, high quality.

Bookmark   November 19, 2008 at 1:08AM
More Discussions
1940 house (colonial) need period lighting advice
Hi! I'm really trying to stick with lighting that would...
Carolyn
Just closed on an older home and homeowners policy was cancelled
Six days ago, we closed on the house of our dreams,...
KristinaMonaLisa
How to get rid of the spiders?!
I love my old house, but so do spiders. My finished...
misslori
Strip flooring with unusual cross section
(Cross posted from Flooring forum) I'm renovating a...
ferretbee
1850s exterior door hardware?
I have an 1857 Italianate-ish home that is missing...
jlc102482
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™