Organizing Christmas decorations efficiently
I thought I did a great job organizing the Xmas stuff when I put it away last year. I thought I'd share what I did wrong - it might help someone else:
1. I put the lights on the bottom of the tub, under the tinsel. As we all know, lights go on the tree first. This year I'll put the tinsel under the lights.
2. I rolled the lights with the wrong end out. I had to unroll every strand and re-roll them before I put them on the tree, so I could plug them end-to-end.
3. I can't find our stockings. I know they are in the house somewhere but WHERE? Not in the 3 tubs of Xmas decorations. Bought new ones at Dollar Tree - in case I find the nice ones, I didn't want to spend a lot of $.
4. I stored the tree stand in the garage but everything else in the basement. It took me 2 days to remember where the tree stand was. Next yera it's going in the basement on top of the Xmas decoration tubs.
I did a few things right:
1. I did store all the tubs on the same set of shelves, so I didn't have to look all over the house for them.
2. I did put all the wrapping stuff away in two boxes, on the same shelves.
3. I did put the tree skirt on the very top of the lights/tinsel tub, so I could put it around the tree before decorating. That made it easier to get the skirt on.
4. I also put the tree top star on the top of the tub.
In past years I was really bad about scattering random boxes around the house, sticking Xmas stuff in those random boxes in no particular order, etc.
PLEASE share your Xmas organizing tips so we can all benefit!