Just saying....

kindred_nyNovember 1, 2010

I just have to say how thrilled I am to have found this forum! So many nice people with so much knowledge and advice! And it's great to know I'm not the only one who feels the way I do!!! When I got my abstract of title, I called everyone I could think of to tell them the story of my home. (They couldn't get off the phone fast enough! lol)

Can't wait to spend countless hours learning everything I can to bring my beauty back to the home she wants to be!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
graywings123

I mostly lurk here and I agree, it's a great forum. Post some photos of your house so we can watch your progress.

Bookmark   November 4, 2010 at 9:08AM
kindred_ny

I may do that. After seeing some of the beautiful homes, mine pales in comparison, but I still love it! I'm hoping to re-do the kitchen ( I think the last re-model was in the 50's or 60's?).

Bookmark   November 4, 2010 at 8:04PM
igloochic

Welcome to old home land (I always want to add " you idiot" because I have the disease as well lol).

This forum is fun, but also be sure to check out the forums at "theoldhousewec" dot com. It's full of very knowledgable folks who are passionate about their old homes...from 1960s to 1660s so you will easily fit right in.

Bookmark   November 5, 2010 at 1:48AM
kindred_ny

Thank you for the info!I will do that. :-) Our homes sure do give us a lot to talk about!

Bookmark   November 5, 2010 at 6:16AM
More Discussions
stone house
Do any of you out there own a real stone house? Not...
seydoux
Sanity check: Huge window & shutter repair/replace bill?
Hey folks! I am the proud new-ish owner of 1740s brick...
ahoyhere
Weird things found in old houses
So I went on a basement rampage this weekend, donning...
ideagirl2
Need color help with exterior paint on 1902 Victorian with bad siding
We have a 1902 victorian in a small town in Iowa. Unfortunately,...
Jennifer Weinman
Color advice for new front door
I am buying a new front door (textured steel) to replace...
j1plante
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™