Anyone ever used 'Lightning Strip' ?

chefnewbieNovember 24, 2008

We have a brick fireplace that was painted. I love the brick - hate the paint. I saw a product online that claims to be able to remove the paint. It's called "lightning strip". Has anyone ever used it?

If you've been successful with any product, please tell me. We tried Peel Away 6 and it did not work very well.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lucy

It would probably help if you can tell whether the paint is latex or enamel, because a water based remover might not work well on enamel (is it high gloss?).

Bookmark   November 30, 2008 at 5:49AM
kudzu9

I looked at the Lightning Strip web site and it said they were no longer selling it. You might want to call them and find out why before you try to buy it elsewhere. Could be a health or liability issue...

Bookmark   December 1, 2008 at 10:17PM
chefnewbie

Thanks!
I think the paint is latex - but we have decided not to go through the hassle of removing it. Instead, we are going to stucco over the brick. It should look really nice with our carved wood mantle and be a lot less work than trying to remove old paint.
Didn't realize they were no longer selling Lightning Strip. I was going to purchase it directly from their site.

Bookmark   December 5, 2008 at 8:44PM
a_grothues_yahoo_com

LS is still available. Just google it & you'll find it.. Knutes sells it also. I used it on my wood stairs & it worked way better than anything else I've ever tried. I am about to purchase some more for a table I am redoing. I'd recommend it in a heartbeat.

Bookmark   December 3, 2010 at 10:10PM
More Discussions
Oh crap, plaster crack
I was removing a window casing so I could reposition...
graywings123
interesting plaster job - what to do to fix it?
I'm doing some work in my dining room that includes...
mccb1
White Cedar Shingles: Best price?
Hi all, My wife and I are gearing up to restore the...
dmatlosz
introduction
Good afternoon, I just wanted to introduce myself,...
SPM2
Stripper for stripper-resistant paint?
I'm having a tough time removing multiple layers of...
dilettante_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™