Organizing for more time in 2006

Julie_MI_Z5December 10, 2005

BIG Decision Day:

I'm definitely over-committed in the volunteer arena since I have a family and full-time job on the side. I feel like I'm never home (and I'm often not).

Three things will be axed off the calendar in 2006: My 3-year term on a church committee ends in May, as do two two-year terms on civic committees. I'm not available for term extensions, and I'm NOT agreeing to add anything else.

I'm for sure keeping Football Moms, Boy Scouts, and my fitness classes. Other commitments are being negotiated in my head.

Wish me luck... I can almost hear the PTA calling now, LOL. Oh, and is that my aunt calling about the family reunion? HELP!

There is a saying that goes, "If you need something done, ask the busiest person." I think everyone must have my phone number.

Julie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bianchi2

You know, there is an old saying: "Charity begins at home". I used to be guilty of saying "yes" to anything, it took me a long time to learn, you cant do it all, and yes, your family comes first. So dont feel guilty.
Bianchi

Bookmark   December 10, 2005 at 5:40PM
Julie_MI_Z5

Bianchi,

I think that's where I ran into trouble.

I got tired of the family coming first, and wanted ME to come first. I thought I would have more time with one kid away at college. So I agreed to do things *I* wanted to do that didn't involve the whole family.

That other old saying: Crash and burn. OUCH!

Bookmark   December 10, 2005 at 6:02PM
maddiemom6

Practise with me.... " I am so sorry, I wish you had asked me earlier, but I am already commited to other projects, good luck in finding help with your project.

If you have to tape this to the phone so you can remember it in those moments of weakness.

maddie, over commited, but getting out of it.

Bookmark   December 10, 2005 at 6:08PM
Julie_MI_Z5

Maddie,

I'm am GREAT at saying NO to things I don't want to do.

I'm BAD at saying NO to things I know I would enjoy.

Julie, the one who has turned down the fabulous opportunites to be in charge of so many things I had no interest in that it would make your head spin.

Bookmark   December 10, 2005 at 7:09PM
More Discussions
Can I get rid of my wedding gown?
Hi everyone. We went to spend the weekend with my parents...
tripletmom83
Best life lesson I ever learned
Best life lesson I ever learned was at 25 years old...
swissmissmama
Designing a home office! What would you include?
We are gutting our home office .... creating a his...
Becky Berend
Anyone know of good boxes (plastic?) for storing papers?
I've been purging DD's school work and paper crafts...
quasifish
Getting rid of part of an item- WWYD
Okay, here's the question: I have a larger, aluminum...
quasifish
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™