RH Silver Sage...will it go with....

cavloverFebruary 27, 2011

Antique white trim? I love what I see of Silver Sage and want to repaint my small sewing/craft room. I want a soft soft blue green gray color....BUT not too gray or silver...which is too cool for me and I know it would not go well with my trim. BM Paladian blue is way too bright for me...just to give you an idea of the color I want. I don't want a bright aqua/turquoise but something like a diluted robin's egg...so I could then use darker accents with it in my fabric and accents.

Any input would be much appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yayagal

Sure, it will look lovely.

Bookmark   February 27, 2011 at 1:11PM
txcountrygal

I agree - that's a gorgeous paint shade!

Bookmark   February 27, 2011 at 3:22PM
tinkersouthernbelle

Most of my home is this color. Here is a photo of my living room. The wall unit is an antique white. But my trim & mantle are crisp white. I like having more than one shade of white anyways...keeps it from being too matchy matchy. I think SS is a great color. It definitely looks more green in my house (lots of light) but my blue tone chairs look great with it. Hope that's helpful!

Bookmark   February 27, 2011 at 3:52PM
mybrowneyedgirls

I recently had Silver Sage custom matched at our local paint store from a can of my mother-in-law's Silver Sage purchased at Restoration Hardware. I, too, was looking for a soft blue green gray color. The guy at the paint store told me that SS actually has no blue in it at all. So I had him cut out just a couple shots of green and replace it with a couple shots of blue and now the color is just what I had been looking for. So if you are looking for a blueish hue, you may want to add a shot or two of blue to the SS formula. Oh, and it goes great with my antique white trim. Hope that helps.

Bookmark   February 27, 2011 at 4:22PM
ttodd

Yes! Check out Jeff and Audrey's apartment in Rules of Engagement. While the wall color may not be SS it is very close and they have a very off white trim. Looks great!

Bookmark   February 27, 2011 at 6:20PM
tinkersouthernbelle

BTW....RH's Silver Sage is the same as Benjamin Moore's Gray Mist....exactly the same.

I like BM paint and used that instead of RH.

Bookmark   February 27, 2011 at 10:33PM
sis2two

I think tinkersouthernbelle meant to say gray wisp. I had it color matched for my bedroom and it is gray wisp. It is a beautiful color and looks great with darker accents.

Bookmark   February 27, 2011 at 10:41PM
cavlover

Thanks all! I ordered a sample can off of the RH site and will see how it looks to be sure. It says it has a velvet finish which sounds interesting too.
Tink...thanks for sharing that photo! Very pretty soothing room...loved it!
Brown eyed girl...would love to see a pic of your paint result. I'm a bit timid about changing the color...just not sure I'd get the same result.
Will post a pic of this room soon as I need a little help with where to stop the painting for the ceiling. It is a small room and the ceiling angles up 3/4 of the way...
Here is a link to the fabric color I'm looking at to use with the paint...so will see if it all coordinates.
Thanks again!

Here is a link that might be useful: Waverly fabric

Bookmark   February 28, 2011 at 9:33AM
More Discussions
Appliances in. Please help me pick lights.
(It’s me. I've wanted to change my name for a while...
misformink
Help coordinating an antique chandelier ?
\\Hello all! I'm working on lighting now...:) I have...
eesmerelda
Where to buy discounted upholstery fabric?
Recently purchased an upholstered accent chair from...
kaisermust
front door style thoughts??
I need to replace my older steel front door: 6 panel,...
bentap
Is this still in style?
Is blue and brown still in style? I really like this...
FinallyHome
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™