21 inch sink

marioncohen1February 20, 2013

My cabinet guy wants me to do a 21 inch undermount sink and I think its to small. Does anyone agree or disagree. I can't do a 30 inch sink. What is the size after 21 inch?
sammad2@aol.com

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Rachiele, LLC

Hi Marion,

I would say 21" is way too small. What is the size of the cabinet that the sink is going into?

Bookmark   February 20, 2013 at 1:57PM
herbflavor

there are sinks that hover around 24 in that can go in a 27 in sink base. Try the websites for julien/franke/blanco-they'll show you the dimensions.

Bookmark   February 20, 2013 at 1:59PM
Angie_DIY

Or, you can go to AJ Madison's website. You can filter by a certain range of widths. Or, you can follow the link I give you below, which lists all of their sinks in order of width. So the widest come first, all the way to their narrowest.

Here is a link that might be useful: All sinks, listed from widest to narrowest

Bookmark   February 20, 2013 at 5:31PM
jellytoast

My new sink is 28 inches and it seems huge to me compared to my old double-bowl sink. I love the way it looks, but I sometimes think a smaller sink would have been more practical, especially if I ever actually filled it with water ... I don't. Instead, I use a utility bowl accessory that fits over the granite for washing dishes, then rinse them on the opposite side. Could I get by with a smaller sink? Definitely. I can't imagine why I'd ever need a sink bowl this big because anything that large would probably be washed in the laundry sink.

Bookmark   February 20, 2013 at 6:31PM
rebeccamomof123

21 Inches would definately be too small for me. I need room for my messes!!

I have a 30 inch sink base cabinet and was really upset when I thought at first that it would only fit up to a 24 inch sink. Thankfully I went to a plumbing showroom and they intorduced me to the beautiful new 28 inch Frake, grande model. It's a 28 inch rectangular single bowl which will suit me perfectly! In the showroom, it looked PLENTY large. I got the Danze Opulance faucet, which looks beautiful with it!

Bookmark   February 20, 2013 at 6:37PM
judeNY_gw

I have a 21" undermount ss Elkay and it is not way too small. It fits my cookie sheets flat on the bottom. I don't store dirty dishes in the sink - they go directly into the dishwasher (dishdrawers).

I previously had a 21" drop in ss. The undermount "feels" smaller, maybe because I am avoiding the edges to avoid chipping the granite edge and for that reason if I were to do it again (and I am not), I would get the 23" which I believe is made by Kindred. But again, the 21" is functional. My sink base is a custom size less than 27" - maybe 26 1/2" and the wider sink would have fit.

Bookmark   February 20, 2013 at 10:26PM
More Discussions
Week 44: Spring, spring, SPring, SPRING dreams!
I am having spring fever. I can't wait until it's...
CEFreeman_GW
Odd Shaped Kitchen Remodel
I cross posted this in the Design Dilemma forum, but...
sdp123
top cutlery tray on Kitchen Aid Dishwasher
Is the extra (3rd) cutlery tray on the higher model...
ladypie
New build Kitchen – layout for this space?
So, hi! Popping out of lurk mode because I’d really...
am_e
"Ledge" sinks and accessories -- do you use them?
I'm considering an undermount stainless sink that has...
denizenx
Sponsored Products
24" Palmetto Creamy White Vanity
Signature Hardware
2+1 Lights Antique Style Tiffany Dragonfly Table Lamp
ParrotUncle
Barcelona Ottoman-White - 100% Italian Leather
IFN Modern
Chef Buddy Drying Racks Long Folding Drain Sink Rack Stainless Steel Colander
$7.00 | Home Depot
Abetta Gaited Square Skirt with Cushion Seat - 205046BK
$542.00 | Hayneedle