Vacation Day 4

Julie_MI_Z5December 22, 2006

Our whole house needs to be painted, and I really was NOT looking forward to spending another vacation painting. DH said he would paint (it was his drywall experiments that caused the urgent need for painting in the first place) but he is VERY VERY messy and doesn't believe in things like drop cloths (because it's "just paint" he says as it drops all over the tile and he doesn't wipe it up).

Well, I decided to let him do it. Did I tell you this already? LOL I'm already happy with the decision. Sure, there is spackle on the living room carpet (in spite of the fact we're NOT painting the living room, so go figure!) but it's nice to see HIM doing the work for a change!

He offered, a little while ago, to find another paint pan and roller so I could help. I said no... I'm running back and forth to the shed stripping 50 years of paint off metal heat vent covers, so I only have about 25 minutes between coats so I couldn't get much done.

Guess I should go relax and read a book. ROFL

Julie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
elizabethzen

Julie,

It sounds like you are making progress and getting things done - and it is only day 4 - congrats!
Elizabeth

Bookmark   December 23, 2006 at 9:28AM
Julie_MI_Z5

Well, it's Vacation Day 6, and it looks like I'm going to have to take over the painting in a couple days. DH is oh-so-SLOW and only works a couple hours at a time, finishes nothing, and makes a huge mess. Took him 2 days to get part of a 3x8 foot bathroom painted... PART of it painted... and we still have 3 bedrooms, a living room, a dining room, 2 hallways, 1 kitchen and the basement stairs to do!

He has paint on the bathroom tile, the shower head, the floor, the sink, the clothes dryer (which isn't even on the same floor as the bathroom!)... I'm living on Excedrin. LOL

Bookmark   December 24, 2006 at 6:33AM
mitchdesj

I hope you get the day off for xmas, lol...

Bookmark   December 25, 2006 at 2:33PM
More Discussions
Organizing/de cluttering success (please share yours too!)
I cleaned out and organized the tool box! We live in...
sloedjinn
Are Lazy Susans useless or is it just me?
I'm in the process of revamping underutilized areas...
Mmmbeeer
Meet and Greet - Please Introduce yourself!
I don't think I've ever seen that happen on this particular...
claire_de_luna
Organizing vs. Cleaning?
Have discovered in the last few weeks that I get a...
des_arc_ya_ya
Where to donate a 15yo nebulizer
Years ago, when my now-17-y-o was a little one, he...
talley_sue_nyc
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™