Elfa sale - mix Elfa with Closet Maid or Rubber Maid components?

liz_hDecember 8, 2006

The Elfa sale runs for 6 weeks starting Christmas Eve. All Elfa products will be 30% off.

Has anyone tried mixing the Container Store's Elfa baskets with the HD (Closet Maid) shelves? or the Rubber Maid closet system? I really like the Elfa mesh baskets for clothes storage. Something about the wire grid drawers just seems wrong to me.

I have a 4 basket Elfa cart that we've used as a clothes hamper for 23 years. Once a week or so, the cart gets wheeled into the laundry room and back. It's held up very well, though some of the paint has chipped off. I know the Elfa is good quality and should last the 30 years I hope to live in this house.

---------------

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
talley_sue_nyc

I can tell you that the slots on the standards don't always line up. They may *look* similar, but they can be 1/8 of an inch off, in spacing vertically, horizontally, etc.

I bought one brand at one store for one room, and a different brand at another store for another room. I thought, oh, I'll use this extra bracket in there. Nope--wouldn't fit. (I'll admit that one of them was Closet Maid and the other was God-knows-what from my local "real" lumber/hardware store.)

So check that before you make any definite plans.

You can get liners for the wire-grid baskets, I thought.

Bookmark   December 8, 2006 at 9:35AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
liz_h

We'll probably just go with Elfa. Now I need to get my act together and get it all designed beforehand, so we can pick it up the day after Christmas.

Bookmark   December 12, 2006 at 1:40PM
More Discussions
under sink organization (kitchen)
Had to share this photo. It is perfect use of the dead...
mvastian
Getting rid of part of an item- WWYD
Okay, here's the question: I have a larger, aluminum...
quasifish
Get rid of cookbooks, and cook more?
About a year ago, I got rid of most of my cookbooks...
quasifish
Missing the Garden Web Already
I feel betrayed by the sale of the Garden Web to Houzz....
gardenwebcupofkindness
Anyone know of good boxes (plastic?) for storing papers?
I've been purging DD's school work and paper crafts...
quasifish
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™