Hexagon Bathroom Tile

slo_gardenOctober 27, 2010

Does anyone know of a company other than B&W that makes 4" (or 3") hexagon bathroom tiles in colors other than white or black? My late 1920s green Art Deco bathroom needs serious work including a re-tile job, and I'd like to recreate the same look as it has now. Everyone seems to have only the small hex tiles.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
earthworm

Is Italy the tile center of the world?
If so, we need an Italian resident to chime in...
Google?

Bookmark   October 28, 2010 at 3:44PM
columbusguy1

A quick browse seems to show this company having 3" hexes...might check it out.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hex Tiles

Bookmark   October 28, 2010 at 6:33PM
palimpsest

Ann Sacks has a 4" hex in her Caliper collection in Ceramic Basics. It appears to come in about 125 colors.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ann Sack Caliper Hex

Bookmark   October 28, 2010 at 7:29PM
slo_garden

Thanks for the sources. I actually had seen both of those companies, but they are a little (gasp, choke) expensive. Believe it or not I did Google and have visited several tile stores before asking ;) I guess I should have clarified that I has looking for something more economical. It appears that B&W is the only company that makes colored 4" hexagon tiles that don't cost a small fortune. (The Ann Sack ones are gorgeous!).

Bookmark   October 30, 2010 at 12:47AM
palimpsest

How many square feet is your bath? The Ann Sacks is expensive but it is actually one of their "budget" tiles at around $12 a square foot. A large 10x10 bath (mine is 5X7) would run $1200 for the tile. At least in my location, the incremental difference between that and white Daltile would not be a lot compared to the labor costs of installing it.

Don't get me wrong, I have happily used the white Daltile a number of times because of budget (including my own bath) but the difference between $350 for 100 sq ft and $1200 --$900 could be absorbed or offset somewhere else if the look of the bath is really important.

Bookmark   October 30, 2010 at 7:58AM
slo_garden

Interesting. The only Ann Sacks tile that I saw (in my local tile store) in large, colored hexagon was $20 a square foot! They told me that was all that was offered in what I was looking for. It was stunningly beautiful, but B&W is about half that price. Daltile was cheaper still, but they only make a 1" hexagon. I'll double check with the company's website to see if I'm missing something. Thanks!

Bookmark   November 2, 2010 at 7:01PM
More Discussions
introduction
Good afternoon, I just wanted to introduce myself,...
SPM2
stone house
Do any of you out there own a real stone house? Not...
seydoux
Sanity check: Huge window & shutter repair/replace bill?
Hey folks! I am the proud new-ish owner of 1740s brick...
ahoyhere
Yikes. I just bought an 1898 Victorian house
Hi, I have always loved old homes and had the opportunity...
adamsmile
1940 house (colonial) need period lighting advice
Hi! I'm really trying to stick with lighting that would...
Carolyn
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™