storage end tables

crayallicaNovember 10, 2007

I'm trying to find end tables with a door for storage. I'd like a big cube shape with a door to store my scrapbooks. They must be tall enough to accomodate my lamps, say 20" high and must be at least 15" deep to hold my scrapbooks.

A door is necessary, because if they are exposed my 3 and 5 year old would constantly be pulling them out. Any ideas?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tauphidelt

I don't know what your style is or price range, but here's something.

Here is a link that might be useful: End Table

Bookmark   November 10, 2007 at 8:15PM
munkos

Have you considered ottomans?? I know you say you wanted a door, but they're very kid friendly. And they can double as seating if you have extra guests over.

I just mention them because I was looking for exactly what you are, for the same reasons. Storage, and kid friendly. I watch little ones all day. I couldn't find what I wanted, so I got one cheapo ottoman to be temporary, and now I have 3! If the kids play around them, they don't get scratched, if they fall back into them, it doesn't hurt them.

I have the ones where the lids can be removed and flipped over and used as a table. That way lamps or pictures can be placed on them.

I'm not sure if thats your style, or if you've already decided against it. Just thought I'd mention an alternative if you can't find what you're looking for.

Bookmark   November 13, 2007 at 11:26AM
talley_sue_nyc

a Google or Shop.com search on: "end table" + door (or perhaps "side table" + door)

will find you lots of ideas.

That www.homedecorators.com link above is to a site with lots of mail order tables in many different styles--ornate European carving; painted American country; etc.; I've used some of their "assemble it yourself" stuff, and it's just fine.

Here is a link that might be useful: here's a pretty one! from someone else

Bookmark   November 13, 2007 at 11:51AM
More Discussions
The ultimate organizer
Two words: WORKSHOP PEGBOARD !!!!!! :)
lazy_gardens
More organizing for my Mom
My Mom's apartment has cheap, inefficient kitchen cabinets....
annkh_nd
storage cabinets
We recently moved into a townhouse. I have a small...
gnpa
Getting rid of part of an item- WWYD
Okay, here's the question: I have a larger, aluminum...
quasifish
Why I look in the box before tossing
One of the boxes I recently sorted through was marked...
talley_sue_nyc
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™