Accessories that come w/ stuff you use

sheconquersNovember 9, 2007

Here's a question I've been meaning to ask that is always perplexing to me. I bought a hair dryer not long ago. I liked the particular model, but it came with "attachments" like a diffuser, special combs, etc. I finally threw two of the attachments away when I tried using one and it turned out to be useless, in my opinion. But I have kept the diffuser, in case.

Other examples: portable CD player (yes, I know, a little old fashioned in the age of the MP3 players, but it was another example I thought of), that came with a car charger that I had a pretty good idea I'd never need; immersion blender that came with a wall-mount rack that I don't think I'll ever install.

What do you do with these accouterments? Do you toss them from the beginning, keep them until you give away or toss the object?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
talley_sue_nyc

In the past I have kept them. But I'm getting more ruthless about tossing them.

My wall-mount rack for my immersion blender hung around for several years, and then I threw it out.

I used to think I'd keep them so the thing was more valuable when I gave it away, and I've decided, now I just don't care.

Bookmark   November 9, 2007 at 4:22PM
quiltglo

I don't have any problem pitching the stuff. I will donate some things like a diffuser to the thrift store. Someone may be able to use them.

Considering that most items break before we will get rid of them, it's not like they need to be passed on with all of the parts.

Gloria

Bookmark   November 13, 2007 at 1:59AM
jannie

Yesterday I bought a stapler and it came with a "free" letter opener. I think I'll toss it. I have never used a letter opener. My hands, fingers and nails work just fine!

Bookmark   November 13, 2007 at 12:08PM
mustangs81

Guiltglo, To your point on donating--I found an obscure piece to my refrigerator at a thrift store. The clerk had no idea what it was...this thing I was so happy to have found.

Bookmark   November 13, 2007 at 6:40PM
More Discussions
Loved This Book!
I just (quickly!) read "The Life-Changing Magic...
Merrygardener
under sink organization (kitchen)
Had to share this photo. It is perfect use of the dead...
mvastian
Meet and Greet - Please Introduce yourself!
I don't think I've ever seen that happen on this particular...
claire_de_luna
Where do you store reusable bags?
Reusable grocery bags, plastic bags, large paper bags,...
violetwest
Why I look in the box before tossing
One of the boxes I recently sorted through was marked...
talley_sue_nyc
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™