Radiator covers

spqrOctober 31, 2006

In my 1929 Tudor house I have steam radiators that have metal covers that I think are original to the house. Each cover has a design embossed in the lower center of the front. The design is a cameo design which is sort of unique...I have never seen covers like this before. The only problem is that I am missing one cover and would like to get something that is similar in design to the rest of the house. Has anyone ever seen covers like these? Any ideas for replacement or reproduction? Thanks in advance for any help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fqp25

You might want to check out Monarch Covers. The can reproduce just about any style, Metal or Wood. Just a word of caution about them: If you order just one or two custom covers, it might take a while for them to fill your order, like up to 8-10 months. You might want to call them and talk to a representative.

I've attached a link to their site:

Here is a link that might be useful: Monarch Covers

Bookmark   November 9, 2006 at 10:17AM
covers_jayscustomcovers_com

We fabricate custom radiator covers for any heat source, have honest, quality service and fair prices. We offer a lot of options for our radiator enclosures and will build your cover exactly the way you want it. We also fabricate radiator covers with dampening systems to control heat in spaces without zoned heating. You can find out more at jayscustomcovers.com

Thanks, Jay

Here is a link that might be useful: radiator covers

Bookmark   September 28, 2007 at 8:39PM
Culman

If you're looking for a wooden radiator cover www.cbradiatorcovers.com has a traditional design. They are located on Long Island.

Here is a link that might be useful: radiator covers

Bookmark   August 20, 2011 at 12:52PM
More Discussions
Stripper for stripper-resistant paint?
I'm having a tough time removing multiple layers of...
dilettante_gw
Color advice for new front door
I am buying a new front door (textured steel) to replace...
j1plante
Yikes. I just bought an 1898 Victorian house
Hi, I have always loved old homes and had the opportunity...
adamsmile
Claw foot tub...best?
I also posted this in the bathroom forum, but though...
monica_thompson
Strip flooring with unusual cross section
(Cross posted from Flooring forum) I'm renovating a...
ferretbee
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™