Would you put a column here? Week 1 in the books....
Week 1 of remodel accomplished a lot and we are feeling good about things so far, despite having to fire our contractor mid-week.
(DH did most of demo before this week)
1) Framing (also doing a lower level under kitchen as well that will have a bedroom, bathroom, DH office, my hobby room, and a mudroom).
2) Plumbing and electrical rough-ins
3) HVAC work (rough-in and relocating existing returns)
4) Hardwood floors installed
DH and I are so exciting about removing half the wall between the kitchen and stairs because it really helps the view from the rest of the house. However, we can't decide if it looks okay like it is or if we should put a column like this one:
I'm afraid the column will restrict the view.....would love your thoughts!!
Coming up this week:
1) Windows and exterior doors are being replaced
2) Drywall (Due to scheduling and contractor problems, we had to install the floors before drywall went up - not typical, but doable with good protection)
3) Masonry work (shortening kitchen windows and enlarging kitchen patio door from 5 ft to 8 ft)
4) Possibly firing my cabinet maker :(