Floor color ?

SarinaFebruary 26, 2013

Thinking of a floor called cafe its a medium to shades of darker taupe /brown with some slight grey in it. Its a tract builder but I can pick the colors. The cabinets he uses are Legacy, amaretto is the color I like to pick from of stain color and they are maple. They do have dovetail drawers and all and all seem like a decent cabinet. Going to do my own granite in there in blue pearl unless I get in there if I do the cafe floor it might be to dark with it., in that case I will change granites.

Here is a link that might be useful: Legacy cabinets ..color amaretto

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Angie_DIY

I think you should construct a "mood board" with pictures of your choices next to each other. Here is an example of a mood board:

Bookmark   February 26, 2013 at 11:12PM
Sarina

I wish I had time to do that board Idea but have to decide soon not sure how to do a mood board actually either not real super computer savvy.

Bookmark   February 27, 2013 at 11:54PM
Sarina

Floor tile I like.

Here is a link that might be useful: floor tile in cafe I like

Bookmark   February 27, 2013 at 11:56PM
gr8daygw

I think it will look nice. I might be tempted to look at some other granites rather than blue pearl. That one has been around for a long time here. I think something that is closer in color to the floor would be pretty on your cabinets. Nice color choices on the maple cabinet line. Interesting. Good luck!

Bookmark   February 28, 2013 at 12:14AM
Sarina

I know but I just love blue pearl granite . It might not look good though with floor and cabs.When I get in there I migh have to pick another color another color of granite I like is Emerald pearl its green . Do not go outside the box to far do it lol . I do like St Cecelia light if I can find one not heavy on gold but more creamy.

Bookmark   February 28, 2013 at 12:49AM
Sarina

Any more input out there I know ya want to come on :)

Bookmark   February 28, 2013 at 3:16PM
sanjuangirl

Looks like it could work well. In trying to find photos of blue pearl granite; it's often shown with white cabinets or gray tones. Here it is with a warm wood but with different tones.

Contemporary Kitchen design by Dc Metro Design-build Case Design/Remodeling, Inc.

Here's another room with dark cabs

Traditional Kitchen design by Chicago Architect OCGG Architects

Traditional Kitchen design by Boston Kitchen And Bath Dream Kitchens, Nashua NH

Good Luck! If you love it, then go for it!

Bookmark   February 28, 2013 at 4:16PM
cathy725

You might want to look at some tiles that are multi-colored. You could pull some more grey in with the beige/brown. Here's a suggeation:
http://www.lowes.com/pd_422207-40398-KEYSTONE18GREY_0__?productId=4295385&Ntt=keystone'>keystone+grey&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dkeystone%2Bgrey&facetInfo=

It looks darker than it is in person.

Here's another idea:
http://www.tileshop.com/product/productdetail.aspx?familyID=2224&recordID=379559

Since you are drawn to the blue pearl you might want to include some grey tones in the floor.

Bookmark   February 28, 2013 at 5:46PM
Sarina

Only trouble is with the spec builder only certain tiles they have to so I have to pick what they have . Cafe is only one I have seen so far with any gray undertone to it. Thanks San Juan girl .

Bookmark   February 28, 2013 at 7:40PM
More Discussions
Viatera Minuet
Hello! I am about to start a kitchen remodel and I'm...
cburky
Pot filler, Gooseneck or Pullout over Prep sink
I’ve searched the internet for similar topics but...
Gemcap
My Kitchen Renovation Using Scherr's RTA Cabinets Begins
We start demolition on Monday. We have been actively...
homechef59
How To Buy a Faucet
Ive lurked and IÂve learned a lot from GardenWeb....
francesca_sf
Karran quartz sink?
I really like the look and supposed durability of the...
oasisowner
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™