My Christmas shopping begins

jannieNovember 21, 2006

I love/hate Christmas shopping. Actually,the only part I hate is the crowds. This Friday is Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, the traditional day to go Christmas shopping. Well, I'll be shopping but I'm not leaving the house. I have all my catalogs ready, I'll be going thru them making lists. And I won't even place any orders yet. That part can wait for next week. I prefer to place phone orders rather than making online purchases. I like to ask questions-make sure the items are in stock, how long for delivery,etc. And I don't like typing in my credit card info. I don't like my credit cards floating around in cyber-space. Yes, I know I'm taking a (small) risk telling my info over the phone to customer service reps. But this method works for me. And Happy Thanksgiving to All!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
quiltglo

Sounds like a good plan. I hate crowds and have never gone out on black Friday. We live smack dab in the center of town and between Thanksgiving and Christmas it can take 30 minutes to drive 6 blocks. It's torture for me.

I set a date with each of my three younger kids for Sundays between Halloween and Thanksgiving. Three Sundays, three kids. We get some one on one time and eat out (big treat) and get shopping done for their siblings and dad. I went one day to Toys R Us and got the desired items before everything was picked over or the crowds formed. They've gotten all of their gifts wrapped and ready to go. Now, I just have to get my stuff wrapped.

We won't get a tree until mid-December, but otherwise I'm pretty much done for this year.

Gloria

Bookmark   November 21, 2006 at 1:19PM
talley_sue_nyc

I like online, bcs I have high-speed at work, and somehow I never get to the phone if I do it at home.

I already have a couple of things for DS, but no ideas at all for DD.

I find that if I shop too early, I end up buying MORE, because I miss the hubbub of shopping in stores, and I'll go out and buy a second round of presents.

I also like store shopping because I am often bereft of ideas. And sometimes I'll see something I think is great, that I would never have thought of on my own.

Bookmark   November 22, 2006 at 9:04AM
Julie_MI_Z5

Tha majority of mine is done, I think all that's left is 4 kids and my two sons (my sons are the hardest since they don't need clothes and they're beyond toys), and their godfather's wife (always a challenge).

Bookmark   November 23, 2006 at 6:27AM
More Discussions
Useful article on closets from TOH
I'm impressed with this article from This Old House,...
violetwest
What to do with hundreds of CDs
I have nice storage boxes filled with hundreds of CDs...
janeway452
Why I look in the box before tossing
One of the boxes I recently sorted through was marked...
talley_sue_nyc
How to get your kid (young, or young adult, or adult) to declutter
On one of the other threads (the "madwoman"...
talley_sue_nyc
Best life lesson I ever learned
Best life lesson I ever learned was at 25 years old...
swissmissmama
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™