My new kitchen plans
After living in our house for 24 years, and dreaming of a new kitchen for 15, we're finally going to do it!
Small, U-shaped kitchen, cheap builder-grade cabinets, horribly inefficient use of space. There is a vaulted ceiling over the kitchen and adjacent dining room. No vented hood.
Attached is a link showing photos of the current kitchen, and drawings of the layout and plans. Photobucket wouldn't let me change the order of the photos. Custom cabinets by a local builder.
- replacing the desk area with built-in pantry and desk. I never sit at the desk, so the clutter will simply be behind doors
- moving the fridge 8" toward the dining room (to be hidden by the built-in pantry)
- cabinet run opposite the fridge will also be extended 8"
- move DW next to fridge (I realize it's farther from the sink, but will provide better access to dish cupboards)
- move stove 12" to right, to provide more prep space on left side
- range hood with good air flow and light
- replace left lazy susan with angled cupboard and super susan
- trash drawer
- smaller sink base (30" vs current 48")
- cookie sheet cab right of sink
- upper corners L-shaped instead of angled
- more drawers
- built-in cutting board
- uppers to 8' instead of 7'
- flooring - stone-look vinyl tile, light color
- wall color (cream)
- haven't decided on quartz vs laminate countertops - waiting for price differential from builder. Either will be dark, reddish-brown family
- Undercabinet lighting!
Here is a link that might be useful: AnnKH's kitchen pics and plans