Anyone have Kenmore Elite wall oven?

ailene54February 4, 2013

When I updated my kitchen I bought all appliances at Sears. I didn't get a convection oven, my oven turned out to be a lemon, Sears has offered me a new oven. I'm thinking of a 27 inch Kenmore Elite convection wall oven, am hoping someone has same oven, and can tell me if they like it? If not Kenmore Elite, can someone suggest another brand which they like? My other appliance are Kenmore Elite.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
camphappy

I have a kenmore elite 30". I bought it when sears had their wall ovens 50% off so got a great deal.
I have only had it for about 4 months but use it almost daily. The regular "bake" setting does not seem to bake very evenly but the convection bake is fabulous. Cookies and cakes come out perfect.
We use the convection roast with the temperature probe quite a bit too and love how well roasts and chickens turn out.

Our last oven was a 27" and I personally would never do that again. If you have the space go for a 30".

Can't speak for reliability yet since we haven't had it that long. I'm hoping it is better than the Jenn-Air we had last.

Bookmark   February 4, 2013 at 3:31PM
joyce_6333

I have Kenmore Elite 30" wall Ovens. The Sears guy told me they were Electrolux with the Elite label attached. (don't know if that's true or not). I have to agree with CampHappy, I love the convection, but the conventional mode doesn't bake very evenly. I don't bake cakes on convection as I've heard they will fall, but just about everything else, including bread, I do bake on convection. I can't imagine having a 27" oven, unless you have a larger oven elsewhere in the kitchen.

Bookmark   February 4, 2013 at 4:13PM
karen_belle

We've had ours for 2.5 years and I really enjoy them. This was after trying to bake in the top of the line GE electric oven from 1956. So, yeah.

But I have found the Kenmore Elites to work well and do their job. The cleaning function works. I use them often, mostly in the convection mode because I'm always rushed in the kitchen.

Bookmark   February 4, 2013 at 5:11PM
ailene54

Thanks so much for the reply. I would have gone with 30, but I when we did the update I had no choice, love my new kitchen, will be nice to have a replacement oven!

Bookmark   February 4, 2013 at 6:11PM
More Discussions
Need advice badly! What should I do about my countertop?
The pictures below show my new installed Cambria Bradshaw...
Parhelion
1880s house kitchen: need to work in the current space
Note this is cross-posted at suggestion of a reader Plans...
islandgarden
Help needed with this beam!!!
We had part of a wall taken down in the kitchen &...
mark_rachel
Can a quarter sawn or black kitchen be fun?
Hello.... We are looking for whatever assistance/guidance...
leonardlikespizza
Granite Install Advice, Which Support System is Better?
Which of these two mechanical support systems would...
athomesewing
Sponsored Products
Lyons Industries Shower Bases Elite 48 in. x 34 in. Single Threshold Right
Home Depot
Reagan Mahogany Desk with Return and Cabinet
Zuri Furniture
Bentley Wall Sconce by Troy Lighting
$144.00 | Lumens
Elegant Home Windsor White Bathroom Wall Cabinet with 2 Doors and 1 Shelf - ELG-
$94.45 | Hayneedle
Table Lamp: 34 in. Montpelier Floral Shade Table Lamp 684-32703
Home Depot
Southern Textiles Contemporary Blocks Comforter Set Multicolor - 80EQ712CTB
$244.62 | Hayneedle
Living Room Lamp: 12 in. Resting Queen Frog Table Lamp 684-32727
Home Depot
46-Piece Old Master Sterling Silver Flatware Service
Horchow
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™