Linens & Things Going Out Of Business - Stock Up!

RoxieLOctober 24, 2008

I went to pick up something at my local LNT & did notice there were more cars in the parking lot than normal. I even remember thinking it was too early for Christmas shopping. Anyway, I was flabbergasted when I went to check out & handed the gal my coupon. She said they no longer accept them b/c they are now owned by the liquidator - everything is on sale, tho and all sales are final. They said ALL LNTs are closing, even the ones in Canada. (SAD!)

Point is, I bought three things. The coupon would have saved me $3 on the highest priced item but w/o the coupon & with the GOOB discount, I saved $2.63. So if you needed alot of lesser priced items for organizing, such as trays, cups & such, this may be a good time to get them.

And then as I walked out, I was embarrassed when I realized there were GOOB sings out front & I'd not even noticed them!

(bowing head in remembrance of LNT)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
RoxieL

...er...that would be GOOB SIGNS out front, not GOOB sings!

Bookmark   October 24, 2008 at 10:59PM
jannie

Oh I'm so sorry. I have one near me, I'll see if I can get any bargains.

Bookmark   October 25, 2008 at 2:04PM
marie26

I went to the one by my house a couple of days ago and didn't notice any sales going on but I've been getting e-mails from them saying that items are 30% off in the going out of business sale.

Bookmark   October 25, 2008 at 6:28PM
donnawb

They have things "up to 30% off" and on most items they priced them a little higher and give you 20 or 30% off but you are paying that you would have before the discount.

Bookmark   October 25, 2008 at 8:00PM
RoxieL

@dd50, that's not true. I have a receipt for a Sonic Scrubber I purchased there on 10/11/8 - full price was 14.99 but I had a coupon so got $3 off. I also purchased the additional package of brushes - regular price was 9.99.

On 10/23/08, I purchased another Sonic Scrubber and set of additional brushes. The receipt shows the Sonic Scrubber at a regular price of 14.99 minus the $1.50 discount. The brushes show the regular price at 9.99 with a $1 discount.

Bookmark   October 25, 2008 at 8:54PM
donnawb

The things that I looked at the week before (kitchen gadgets) were $3 - $5 more after the signs. I guess it is YMMV. I am going to wait until they get better with percentage off.

Bookmark   October 26, 2008 at 10:13PM
cynandjon

In our town they have signs out 70% off. But When I went into the store it was only 10/20% off. Everyone I talked to is really annoyed. Not much of a close out sale.
I did buy an heated bed pad. It doesnt heat very evenly and there are no returns.

Bookmark   October 28, 2008 at 11:42AM
More Discussions
Please recommend a good paper shredder
I have a little one that can shred two sheets (max)...
bossyvossy
But I was all set to declutter the soup tureen!
I was given a soup tureen at my bridal shower. It's...
talley_sue_nyc
Get rid of cookbooks, and cook more?
About a year ago, I got rid of most of my cookbooks...
quasifish
Where to donate a 15yo nebulizer
Years ago, when my now-17-y-o was a little one, he...
talley_sue_nyc
Organizing/de cluttering success (please share yours too!)
I cleaned out and organized the tool box! We live in...
sloedjinn
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™